selling bobcats in oklakoma? URGENT!

Jacob_Hanan

I have shot several cats this week and their is a fur sale close today. i am wondering if i have everything to be legal. i have a lifetime combo licienses. and have the cats tagged. do i have everthing needed to sell the fur? i wll buy whatever licienes i need to sell them. the regs are hard for me to understand and not clear on what i need.

I havent been on the computer until now so it doesnt do you much good I dont guess.But it sounds like your all set to sell them.If you call them in and shoot them you dont need a Fur license since you have a lifetime license but if you trap them you need a Trapping license.Im sure you know that already but just in case I figured I would tell you.But if you already have all of that stuff covered all you have to do is get them tagged after you kill them and then your all set.Sorry I didnt get to this sooner.

Where do you get those tags to put on them after you kill them? I need some for myself and a relative who I think is not aware of this rule.

I too find the way the laws are written on this are a little confusing,...or...maybe it is just me trying to SPEED READ TOO MUCH!

Sam H. Asbury, III
Cleet #08 PIA 2782

deputysam-Once you kill your bobcat take it to the game warden and he will tag it for you.If you have a wildlife biologist in your area they should have tags so they can tag it for you as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I agree though some of the laws are written kind of goofy.

The laws do read funny about lic requirements and taggig so here it is the way I've read it and my game warden told me. Hunting lic, legacy permit, and furbearer lic. If you have a liftime lic then these three are covered. If you trap the you will need a trapping lic, it is NOT included in a lifetime lic so save last winters until January 31. Watch these dates I bought mine too early last year and had two trapping lic for 2007 and almost got a ticket to remember this by. All bobcats must have a tag on them by 10 days after the close of season, so unless you shoot your cats and let them lay they need a tag on them. A game warden will give a tag free if you call him up and ask to meet him somwhere or find an independent tagging agent from the link below.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/bobtag.htm

savage250 , Im in chickasha quit a bit , I work for MIswaco is there any good calling places out there . it looks real good up and down the turnpike.
Thanks

There are quite a few places if you can get permission. I need to get out more and knock on some doors but finding the time is the worst part.

I got a question too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Has the price on bobcat pelts gone down alot compared to last year?I didnt sell any pelts last year is the only reason I ask.The only bobcats that I killed are at the taxidermist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I wonder if fur prices will rise later on in the season?
I always heard its better to trap bobcats later on for that very reason.I just didnt know how much truth there was to that.

Thanks for this INFO! I can qualify for the Lifetime Combe License this Thursday, January 1st, New Years DAY!

Only $10.00 I understand since I turn 64 during 2009~! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quote:
Has the price on bobcat pelts gone down alot compared to last year?

The market has not been established yet, but the prediction is 'YES', the market will be off substantially. Most predictions I have read have typical Okie cats at the $20-$40 range. Some of the better panhandle cats probably more. Again these are predictions, but the fur market is suffering like everything else. Early season furs have been way off.

Jacob, I would like to know where you sold your cats. $85 would have been a good average last year on most typical eastern type cats like we have in most of OK. How many did you sell?

I'm Doing some Trapping for some Cat's right now, do any of you guys have a Lure or Bait that is your favorite or works best in Oklahoma? I'm in SouthCentral Oklahoma and I've caught 35 Coons, 2 Coyotes, and only 3 Bobcats so far and I'm using a Bobcat lure. Any other Lure and Bait Names you guys would share would be greatly appreciated.

TerryT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Best luck I have had is with Badland's Bob, kitty litter droppings and bobcat urine in a toilet set. $40 is tops for what I have heard on cats. Anybody else selling?

I haven't sold any but here is the prices thats been going around:

Coons - $3.00 and less in prime condition

Bobcats - $15.00 and less in prime condition

Coyotes - No value at this time

Dry Fur is worth more if done properly. If it is not done correctly, it has no value.

That is just what I have heard. It is not fact. I haven't checked around myshelf. With all the time spent running the traps and the time skinning. the buyers don't count for that, but I love it!!!!!!
Hope the prices go up!

TerryT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

From what I heard from people that sold fur last year,bobcats were going for quite a bit of money and raccoons were $10 at least.But again thats just what I heard.Thats not good.
I'll probably just tan most of the pelts I get if thats the case.As far as I go to set my traps it wont really do any good to sale them.It wouldnt help pay for even half of the gas that I waste I doubt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back