Got a new FOXPRO 416

DougG

Friday and was able to try it out last night. We (my wife and I) made our first stand at 9:00. We put the foxpro out about 100yds then went back and tried the woodpecker distress. Worked like a charm the the coyote that came to it was looking at the caller and not at us. It hung around for a few seconds then left (mistake made, lesson learned) the next stand I set the caller right next to me and tried again. As usual I was playing with my knife or something and not paying attention to the coyote that my wife had that spotlight on about thirty yds off to my right, She finaly smacked me to get my attention and when I reached for my gun the coyote spooked and managed to get about 100yds out before I could get set and send the 60gr sierra on its way. TO make a long story short, I love the new foxpro and don't know how I lived this long without it.
coy8.16.jpg

Hey Doug, congrats! What a coincidence on posts. 4 mins apart. LOL!

What flavor AR you running there? Nice.

Those 60gr Sierras hit like a hammer don't they? I used them last season. I was real impressed.

Take care, Curt

Tooo funny Curt. I must have been trying to load my picture while you were posting yours. The AR is an olympic arms ultra match SS 1-8"twist under a leupold 3-9x50 that loves the 60grain bullet and your right they do hit hard. I tried the 69gr sierra and wasn't at all impressed

No sir. I got her near the lungs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kidding. I got her between katy and brookshire about 15 minutes north of I10. I never realized it until I started looking about 1 1/2 yrs ago just how many coyotes there are out here on the praire or how happy the land owners are that someone actually want to hunt them!!

Thanks DogBoy, If the creek don't rise and the bridge don't wash out, we are going to give it another try this weekend.

Doug, exactly what bullet are you using. I am wanting to start loading for my 1 in 8 twist AR and if you are having good luck with that 60 grain bullet I thougth I might try it. If you don't mind, what is the load data? Powder? Grains? Bullet? How do they group on paper? Thanks and congradulations.
Mike

Mike, I'm shooting a sierra 60gr hp over 24.5 grs of varget with an oal of 2.250.I guess I average 1/2" groups with that combo. I'm also having good luck with the speer 70gr sp with the same powder charge and a oal of 2.220. Oh Thanks

DougG,

How did you gain access to the land? As discussed before, I live close, so I would love to be able to call around here.

Woodrow, The guy that I buy hay from has a bunch of property scattered around and he lets me hunt. Well each of his properties joins other farms/ranches and so on and so on.. Shoot. come on out and we can give it a try. Day or night, 24/7/365 doesn't matter to me. BTW dove hunting sucked!!!but good friends/food and lots of clays made it a good day.

DougG, sorry to hear your hunt was no good. My dad did well in the morning and it was good till the weather hit in the afternoon.......

I would love to join you one day. Do you have e-mail? Mine is 112302@ev1.net

Back