Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1151431 - 12/19/08 06:48 PM RR 2 stage trigger install help
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Huntington, Texas
I'm tryinging to install a new 2 stage trigger using the instructions from AR-15.com

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

It says it can be done without removing the safety, but after removing the trigger pin, I can't get the trigger to come out.

Any help??

"No prize is greater than the effort taken to acheive it"

- Aldo Leopold, The Father of Wildlife Management

#1151432 - 12/19/08 06:51 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Yellowhammer]
OldTurtle Offline

Loc: East Central FL
I'm not sure how it would be done without removing the safety selector bar... I know there is not enough room in my DPMS...

Removing it is not a big problem, it just necessitates removing the grip and retention spring/detent.

#1151433 - 12/19/08 06:55 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: OldTurtle]
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

Well, I bought a Hogue grip and needed to install it anyway so I took the safety out.

It is a DPMS standard trigger, so maybe it wouldn't work without the safety coming out.

I was just going by the post on AR-15.com

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

This my first trigger change.

#1151434 - 12/19/08 07:22 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Yellowhammer]
Big10gauge Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Central Washington
If I remember right I didn't take it off on my last changeout because I was feeling lazy, but it had to go under the safety bar in just a so-so fashion.

#1151435 - 12/19/08 07:25 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Big10gauge]
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

Has Rock river changed their trigger up?

My hammer does not look like this one that they show on AR-15 as being a RR

Mine has a different shape than what would be the top of that picture.

I got it in, and according to the RR safety checks it is functioning correctly.

#1151436 - 12/19/08 07:36 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Yellowhammer]
Big10gauge Offline
Die Hard Member

The one in the picture sure looks like mine. But I don't have one that's not in a gun right now. Here's a pic off of the RR site

#1151437 - 12/19/08 07:39 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Big10gauge]
reb8600 Offline
Sponsor/Retired PM Staff

Loc: Morgan, Utah
Mine looks like the one in the picture. I have always had to have the safety out to do the job.

Egg Shoot Champion of Champions

#1151438 - 12/19/08 07:41 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: reb8600]
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

If you are looking at the top, mine is basically just square.

#1151439 - 12/19/08 07:47 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Yellowhammer]
jlindholm70 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Boise
Quote:

Has Rock river changed their trigger up?

My hammer does not look like this one that they show on AR-15 as being a RR

Mine has a different shape than what would be the top of that picture.

I got it in, and according to the RR safety checks it is functioning correctly.

That's what mine looks like.

#1151440 - 12/19/08 07:48 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Yellowhammer]
Big10gauge Offline
Die Hard Member

Boy, I'm almost positive that I did it without taking out the selector,Thought that I had to get the flat part of the selector just right for the hammer to slide back. Could be wrong and I was just having another hallucination.

YellowHammer, did it come in the usual plastic bag with the yellow/orange instructions? I have always purchased mine from Ar15sales.

It's been approx 6 months since I purchased one, so if they did make any changes since then I wouldn't know.

Edited by Big10gauge (12/19/08 07:51 PM)

#1151441 - 12/19/08 07:53 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Big10gauge]
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

Yep, it h as the yellow instruction page and says Rock River.

#1151442 - 12/19/08 07:54 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Big10gauge]
bigwheeler Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: montana
for future reference you have to pull the safety, just turn it half way between fire and safe and push it out. no need to remove the hand grip with the rra
2 stage.

#1151443 - 12/19/08 08:27 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: bigwheeler]
Yellowhammer Offline
Retired Moderator

Mike Milli tells me that Rock River has changed the hammer forging, and that is what I have since it is a brand new one.

#1151444 - 12/19/08 09:00 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: Yellowhammer]
dtech Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: Bemidji, MN
Quote:

Mike Milli tells me that Rock River has changed the hammer forging, and that is what I have since it is a brand new one.

That's right, the last batch of Rock River triggers that I received had the different shaped hammer. The rest is pretty much the same, but the tip of the hammer is noticeably different.

Whether or not you have to pull the safety selector in order to remove or replace the Rock River trigger depends on many things. The make of lower receiver, forging marks on the trigger itself and the pin geometry of the lower receiver to mention a few. It seems like you can go through a dozen of the same lower receivers and be able to remove and replace the trigger without removing the safety, then you will get one of the exact same brand that just won't quite make it.

Not an exact science, but it's really not a big deal to remove the grip and safety.

#1151445 - 12/19/08 10:38 PM Re: RR 2 stage trigger install help [Re: dtech]
doggin coyotes Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Colorado
Mike, do you currently have the RRA 2 stage triggers in stock? Price?
Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.