Sub-zero Song Dogs

Border Dog

Great Story, Hunt, Pics and post.
I really need to learn the tricks to staying warm and appreciate Colorado Petes post/suggestions. great info.

I know, I know here in TX it barely breaks below 20 but I get too cold... too quick to sit still!

Also

I want to make a hat like that.
Any instructions, patter or template available?

thx for sharing! Great stuff!

Hand warmers inside of your gloves or mitts that you can pull your fingers inside and grip in your fist can be definite finger savers. Hot Hands or any other brand for that matter are not expensive and worth every penny. I prefer not to use them in my boots unless I have to but Hot Hands does make foot warmers and on occassion I have used them. They will keep your feet toasty in even the most extreme conditions especially combined with wool socks.

Salty Dog

All you can see in the picture is fur but that is just a plain old Mad Bomber that I bought on clearance from Cabela's. There is an outfit that's been advertising in Fur-Fish-Game magazine that will make hat's out of skins that you send them. If I get anything that seems like it would be worth it I was thinking about getting a hat made. They are Gorlic's Trading Inc. and their number is 845-986-8484. Email: gorlics@warwick.net

Nate

Back