Cancelled work + 5" snow = HUNT

canislatrans54

Well, I was supposed to go to Tulsa yesterday {Wednesday}, to make the deliveries that were originally scheduled for Tuesday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif (But didn't go Tuesday due to the snow & fog/driving conditions.)
But when I got to work Wednesday, I found out the decision had been made Tuesday afternoon, to just ship everything UPS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So, no work for me...which will suck on the paycheck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What's a fella to do? Take advantage of the weather & get some hunting in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know I'm a wimp, but can you say, "BBBBRRRRR"? I went anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

By the time I got to the area I wanted to hunt in Ottawa county, it was 10am.
So I only got in 8 stands.
And due to the temps, I kept them to 15 minutes (or less, when the dogs came in quick), instead of my usual 30 minutes.
Thanks to the snow, I was able to hit some CRP & pastures w/extremely tall grass that I had been holding off on.
Called 5 coyotes, all singles. Cleanly took all 5, w/the nearest shot being a mere 20 yds, & the longest only being 60 yds. (I didn't want to walk too far, don'tcha know!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The enjoyment I received from the day's hunt, made the lack of work for the day a lot more bearable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Until I get my paycheck, at least. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Wanted to so bad to hunt this weekend while I was out there but the pheasants are what I drove 800 miles to kill, maybe next time.

PICTURES, man we want Pictures....you get all the fun shooting them and the only fun we have is seeing the pictures...lets get with the program... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TNyoteboy...you really missed out, in that area the dogs are thick, as was mentioned in your thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ryan, I don't believe you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter...I actually tried to take a few pics w/my disposable 35mm, & the dang thing was so cold, it wouldn't work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
I'm hoping Santa will bring me a decent camera for Christmas. And then I can finally learn how to scan & post pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Weasel has been wringing my neck about pics for almost 3 years now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Your efforts to tug at our heartstrings with your low paycheck blues are worthless when you add in that, "oh yeah, I get to go hunt today instead." Then it gets worse with this line "and I am 5 for 5." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bah humbug! Going back to work now because I CAN'T go hunting today. (But I am going all day tomorrow and Saturday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Even though the price of hides arn't that high you should be able to buy a nice camara will 30 coyotes taken.

We called 4 Wednesday but they all came in on the same stand, only took 2.

Randy

Quote:
Your efforts to tug at our heartstrings with your low paycheck blues are worthless when you add in that, "oh yeah, I get to go hunt today instead." Then it gets worse with this line "and I am 5 for 5." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bah humbug! Going back to work now because I CAN'T go hunting today. (But I am going all day tomorrow and Saturday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Happy Hunting to ya!
This will probably wind up being my only day to hunt this week. Friday, I am making deliveries to Omaha. Saturday, last I heard, was forcasting 25-40mph winds here.
Of course, there's always next week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RandyDB, It's sad to hear they all came on the one stand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That makes for quick fun, & then a long day. You've been wackin' & stackin' it seems, though!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
To tell the truth, I haven't attempted to sell a single hide this year. I usually find out what buyer is coming thru & when, but just haven't taken the time.
Besides, "Santa" (older sis & Mom/Dad) always seem to spend a couple hundred $ buying several gifts for me. So this year, I requested that instead they lump their spending together & just get me one item...a new digital camera. I'm fairly certain it's in the works, as my sister called me Sunday & was asking me several questions relating to what I wanted a camera to do for me & why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
I'm hoping Santa will bring me a decent camera for Christmas. And then I can finally learn how to scan & post pics.

If he does, it will be digital and you won't have to worry with scanning them.

Is anyone still using film cameras? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

My sister & parents refuse to stop using their 35mms. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
My folks, like me, just aren't all that aclimmated to technology yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
My sister however, insists on using her 35mm, 'cause she's had it for about 30 years & cost like $600 back then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
But she doesn't have a problem w/technology...she owns a laptop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

5 for 5 does not pay the bills but it makes for a great story and even better memory. Not too many guys can probably say they have gone 5 for 5 or be 100% for a whole hunt.

Apichers1.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
5 for 5 does not pay the bills but it makes for a great story and even better memory. Not too many guys can probably say they have gone 5 for 5 or be 100% for a whole hunt.

I know I can certainly count how many 100% days I've had, on 1 hand, & have fingers left over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I knew I would never hear the end of not posting pics! All I can say is...I'm sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
(This is one reason I don't post more stories about my hunts...without pics they are boring.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

memento.jpg

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

uselessw-opics.gif

Just in case you forgot....lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, good job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back