Remington SPR220?

I have a couple of the O/U's from before they were labeled as Spartan or Sp series. Thay are made in Russia and they were private labeled as Baikal.

Check some of the online gun places and you will still find Baikal's usually a hundred or two less than the Remington marked guns.

They are a field model.... not too pretty to look at, but very robust and functional. The blue steel is more brown like Russian bluing process. Real hardwood stocks though. They are also pretty stiff in the action when new. Length of pull and comb are identical to a Remington so if you shoot any other Remington shotguns there is no adjustment period.

Mine have taken abouut 500-1500 rounds to break in.

I've always liked the shorter barreled Coach Gun type shotguns.I plan on getting a Stoeger Coach Gun one of these days.Have you looked at those?I would post a link to their website but Im not sure how to do that.They might be something to look into though.I want one in a .410 for some reason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I bought a 16 Stevens SXS when I was 16. The sweet sixteen has a special story in my life experiences. Still have it and use it occasionally.

Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

I have the Baikal version of that same shotgun. I like it very much. The action was a little tight when I first got it ten years ago but it is now worn in and works great. I shoot everything with that shotgun: skeet, trap, pheasants, geese, ducks, doves and have never had a problem. It's also tough enough that I could probrably run it over with my pick-up and it would still shoot straight. The nice thing about it is, is that I can hunt really hard and not worry about messing up a really expensive gun. Just my thoughts.
BP

Back