Finally....

Rammer

finally got out last nite, and the night was perfect. It was about 12 degrees when I headed out at 7pm, and when I quit at 2:30AM it was 4 degrees. The wind was about 2-3mph out of the north, bright full moon, and great snow cover. I end up calling in 9 coyotes, and got 5 shots and 4 kills. My buddy had a real rough night, and didn't draw any fur. The pictures didn't turn out very good, darn camera might have been frozen.

First one of the night, shot at about 65 yards after about 4 seconds on the call.

P1020047.jpg

#2 and #3 were a double for me. First one I shot at 30 yards charging hard at me, wish I would have been packing my shotgun. The 2nd (4 all together), took off and I finally stopped him at about 300 yards and drilled him. Buddy missed the other 2.

P1020049.jpg

#4 had a good story with him. We walked in about a 1/2 mile to a spot with cedar trees, and spotted a dog laying on the sidehill in a soybean field. After glassing him for a while we couldn't figure out what he was doing, so I started in real soft on the Long Range Tweety, he finally started coming our way but looked funny. At around 100 yards I told my buddy to take the shot when he stopped, he missed him and he took off high tailing it and I finally caught up to him on the 2nd shot. He looked funny because he was carrying his pheasant to his "easy" cottontail meal!

P1020052.jpg

So it was a good night for me, finally going to be able to start adding up some coyote numbers now that I'm getting caught up with work.

P1020054.jpg

Just using the light of the moon. It was super bright out for a few evenings there, can't wait for the next full moon to hit!

Nice Job Grant, it is getting cold here as well.Awesome night of hunting you and your buddy had.Thanks for sharing look forward to your season.Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I am dying to hunt at night and try that experience. You had a great night so how exciting is that! I am glad that you had such success! Keep at em.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas! I haven't had much time to do any hunting for myself this year with work, so I'm making up for it whenever possible. I absolutely love calling under a full moon with snow on the ground, its definately an exciting experience!

Back