First coyote down with the new FoxPro Fury !!!!Pics added

jerry malbeck

Time line , UPS showed up at 3:15
Installed batteries in caller and remote
Drove 1/4 mile down the road and set up with the new FURY
First stand as rain was coming I was useing the titmouse tantrum and a nice female comes charging across a open flat As its getting dark.
shot fired and coyote down at 4:09
Will post pics tomorrow as it started raining as I was walking out and I didnt want to get the camera wet .
We have a BIG storm moving in and it will be bringing the first snow of the year . 11 M.P.H. winds in the forcast for tomorrow so ill see if I can do any good tomorrow . I cant wait to program the remote and get all the features of this caller working for me . As always with all the FOXPRO callers I have used , This one is a winner . Jerry .here is the coyote , I covered the entry it was kinda graphic .
furysfirstkill.jpg

and here is the set
furystandnumber1.jpg

Called in two more this morning but i didnt do my part . the first came in way down wind and i never saw it again ( educated) ??? LOL
the second came in hard and i couldnt stop the darned thing , More to come i hope . The titmouse is turning out to be a great sound . The new remote is alot better to use . The function buttons are very user friendly with gloves on and there will be no need for the rubber pads to be added . the new remote allows you to set volume ramping in 4 diff. modes and its just a pleasure to use .

Last edited:
I've been out in my garage smoking a cigar playing with my new FURY, come in the house sit down and find this. Perfect! LOL! That kicks butt Jerry. And Scott is right, that HAS to be a record. Way to go!

I'm loving the new remote and features. This thing is SLICK! Have you tried that Foxfade yet? How cool is that? I gotta get my 24 bit version of Greatest Hits loaded on it.

I won't be able to get out and try mine until Sunday though. But look for my pics Sunday evening .

- DAA

Awww come on guys , you could have done the same thing . I have been playing with the remote and all I can say is WOW . This thing kicks butt , The FoxFade is awsome . This is going to make my calling almost 100 percent hands free . I dont know how they can top this caller unless it is a mind contrled unit LOL. I am lucky guys , I have a area just down the road that is very productive . There is one [beeep] of a cold front coming in and snow is on the way , Temps went from upper 30's to 19 degrees today and the rain is turning to snow . Its gonna be a great week for calling if the wind doesnt get to ratical . Dave , Im sure ill be seeing fur come sunday LOL. I know you, and i have no doubt. Ill get up in the morning and take some pics of the set and the coyote and caller . I got up at 2:00 A.M. and took a load over to Seattle and back so I could get ahead of this storm front before it hit the mountain passes this afternoon So Im kinda burnt out . I didnt want to be up there playing in the first snow of the year with all the rookies LOL.And I wanted to be back home early just in case the Fury Showed up . Seee Ya , Jerry .

great going Jerry. 39 degree's here in olympia hard rain high wind's. glad to here about the Fury. i'll get one ordered monday. have money saved now.would go after cougar's to windy. wait a day or so. finely snow. good luck with your new toy. Rick

Thanks Rick , I never much cared for the FoxPro sounds that had coyote and rabbit mixed Or any prey and predator sounds mixed together but with the FoxFade its looking like it will be a very productive tool . With the FoxFade you can actually make one sound sound as if its apart from the other ,Very life like . I can see a bunch of guys mixing sounds to put on this caller And it sure will give you sompthing new to throw at the old call wise predators LOL. Now its warming back up . I sure hope it doesnt rain all day tomorrow , I want to get out and use the heck out of this new toy . That snow coming in should really help with finding the Big kitties . I sure hope you get one this year . Jerry .

Wow this just makes me sick. I'm sitting here Furyless just wishing I could be fondling one right now...sigh. Don't know how I'm going to make it though the next week waiting for mine to arrive. Congrats Jerry on the first with the Fury!!

Jerry and DAA,
You guys are at the top of the food chain when it comes to experience hunting predators so while I'm waiting for my Fury.....(can't hardly stand it), as soon as you get a couple more days using the Fury, I wish you guys would do a nice review on how well it works, ease of use, all pros and cons etc, and any tips to help us regular mortals in using ours WHEN we get them...Thanks in advance, I'll be watching for your posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Jerry,

UPS drops off unit at 3:15 and you drop a coyote at 4:09? I hate you :>)

Gotta love having hunting territory close by! I'm pretty lucky, could probably call a coyote from our back deck.

Great story, congrats!

Way to go Jerry.

I got a time line for you. I left Texas for Reno at 7 am....UPS delivered my Fury at 4pm. I'm still in Reno now but will be home late tonight. I had my Mother-in-Law pick it up on Friday...hopefully she could resist the urge to try it out and I can get it broke in properly on Tuesday.

Dave,

I feel your pain.

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Back