FURY TESTS!!!!! so far, so good

soreloser

Well I had my Fury for about 5 minutes after UPS showed up today, so I traded out some used batteries from the FX5 and headed across the street to do two really quick test, but one that I and others have been really anxious about, and that's how well the Fury will work on the ground in thick cover while the hunter was on the ground or in a depression..

Here's the quick results, something I or others could not achieve with other transmitters..

First pic is a zoomed out pic from sitting in my driveway, which is below the road. I put the call off to the right (red 100) in the thick grass and junipers at 100yds. It is purposely sitting behind a juniper and a rock pile.
fury001.jpg

The Black 100yd is the second place I put the call just for good measure, about 40yds behind that big juniper and dirt mound, once again on the ground and I was sitting in the garage. Here is a zoome in pic.
fury002.jpg

The results???? It worked flawlessly, no problems and immediate response from the caller.. PERFECT!!!

The second quick test I did was distance with line of sight. I headed off on the road and set the FURY in the top of a yucca bush about 4ft off the ground. I then drove in increments and ranged off the distance in 100yds and tested the Fury...

100yds PERFECT
200yds PERFECT
300yds PERFECT
400yds PERFECT
500yds PERFECT
600yds PERFECT
700yds PERFECT
746yds PERFECT

fury003.jpg

fury004.jpg

I ran out of room after 746yds, but will do a farther test as the weekend progresses. Gotta work tomorrow, (if you call shooting a scope commercial work?) so I will report back Sunday with some more distance work and maybe a kill or two.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe you didn't call in a coyote in that terrain with all your testing. Man, you live in a fantastic location. I'm going to have to review the photos. I'm sure there's a coyote in at least one of those pictures.

On a more serious note. How can you hear your caller when it's just shy of a half of a mile away- 2238 feet?

I wanna know when I am getting MY FURY in the mail?? Thats some pretty amazing distance dont think I will ever use it that far but at least you know it will work. I cant wait!

So when are they going to be available? I see "coming soon" on the FoxPro website and "after Christmas" on secondary vendor websites. To a guy ready to buy, what does this mean?

Quote:
I find it hard to believe you didn't call in a coyote in that terrain with all your testing. Man, you live in a fantastic location. I'm going to have to review the photos. I'm sure there's a coyote in at least one of those pictures.

On a more serious note. How can you hear your caller when it's just shy of a half of a mile away- 2238 feet?

Scott, that's where the neighbor's chicken eating bobcat is living, along side of a pair of coyotes that have claimed about 2 square miles of that crap as there bedroom..

In all seriousness, I had the caller set on volume level 28. The FX's and Fury go to 40 max. I would have to listen for a second or two before I could hear it. Some of that is obviously sound travel and most of it is 13 years of Uncle Sam and too many rounds of skeet and trap without earplugs. But once I picked up the sound I could hear it clearly.

I didn't want to put it on 40, because I didn't want to scare the old couple walking to the screaming rabbit.

I'm going to try it at even farther distances, in the thick stuff on the ground tomorrow afternoon.

Yesterday we were up in the hills calling out towards the valley floor. In the oil fields at least 4 miles away we could hear a loader and it's backup alarm very clearly.

Tim by setting the caller out at over 700 yards are you trying to get it out of Mossberg range? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

"Tim by setting the caller out at over 700 yards are you trying to get it out of Mossberg range?"
--------------------------------
I realize that some folks don't understand the need for a remote control that is reliable at such long ranges. Those of us who have been using remote controlled callers for several years, have experienced remote control failures at ranges not more than 50 yards. It is not always possible to enjoy perfect line of sight conditions while calling coyotes. With the new Fury, there will likely be no need to elevate your caller by hanging it from a tree branch so that your remote control will still work. No further need to wish that you had a tripod to hang your caller on when calling in desert or plains country. No further need to hold your remote control up high above your head while trying to get the dang thing to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How do you change the scroll function on the rotary sound selector knob to go through the sound list?
How do you change the Aux from pulsed to maintained contact closure?
How do you activate the A/V (auto volume)?
GAJoe

Last edited:
GeorgiaJoe,

Did they not send you an instruction manual? I sure hope they send ME one. Uncle Jay will need an instruction manual also. Us old guys have problems with garage door remotes even. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wish I had one to have gotten a manual with.
I'm gettin' mine from APC and their site says they're not gettin' 'em until after Christmas.
GAJoe

Quote:
"Tim by setting the caller out at over 700 yards are you trying to get it out of Mossberg range?"

Now that's funny right there.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:

Tim by setting the caller out at over 700 yards are you trying to get it out of Mossberg range? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dont you mean Ruger range /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:

Dont you mean Ruger range /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL!! You know how much I hate those MossTURDS!!

More testing coming tomorrow.

Quote:
How do you change the scroll function on the rotary sound selector knob to go through the sound list?
How do you change the Aux from pulsed to maintained contact closure?
How do you activate the A/V (auto volume)?
GAJoe

Just in case you didn't see this.
GAJoe

Back