My friend got his first bobcat and coyote today, PICS

derbyacresbob

I met wannakillacoyote last summer at a small get together for some of the members of the California Predator Club Forum. Today was our second time of going coyote calling together and today was a good day. On our third stand we had a bobcat come in off to the side of the caller and wannakillacoyote just missed it with his shotgun as it ran back into the brush. As we were driving to our 5th or 6th stand I spotted another bobcat sitting in front of some brush about 150 yards away. wannakillacoyote got out of the truck and laid down with his 243 and bi-pod and made a great shot hitting the bobcat in the chest. The bobcat jumped about 6 feet in the air and was laying dead within 20 feet of where it was shot.
IMG_4145.jpg

This is a picture of wannakillacoyote with his first bobcat.

We made 3 or 4 more stands and they all looked good, big open country with the wind in our face. On the last stand I had Lightning Jack going for 12 minutes and then switched to Coyote Pup Screams. After 2 or 3 minutes of pup screams wannakillacoyote spotted a coyote coming in from our right. It was about 100 yards away down below us heading up the ridge towards the call. I lowered the volume on the pup screams and the coyote stopped. We were laying prone and wannakillacoyote got his rifle on the coyote quickly and shot it while it was standing right at 100 yards below us. It was a little coyote but it was wannakillacoyote's first coyote.
IMG_4176-1.jpg

Congratulations wannakillacoyote on your first bobcat and coyote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Now please change your name to something shorter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quote:
dude, you must have some amazing eye sight!

Congrats to wannakillacoyote on a fine pair of animals.

All I saw was some of the white belly fur with the sun shinning on it, I thought it might be a bird but it didn't really look like a bird. So we stopped and checked it out and found out it was a bobcat.

Thanks guys, sure felt like it was a looong time coming.

And that cat felt like a Mountain Lion by the time I carried it back to the truck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A first dog & a cat on the same day! It's too bad you can't shoot mountain lions in Ca. with luck like that you would probably have one of those to.

Congrats. Wannakillacoyote, I hope they are the first of many more to come.

Wow that's great getting a coyote and a bobcat as first kills. It don't get any better than that. Congrats!!

Back