phantom predator call how good or bad is it

Don25

I just bought the phantom predator call and I have not had the chance to use it yet anybody use it and can give me some info that would be great

I guess that I screwed up wish I would have joined this club before I bought the thing after reading all the negatives about this I want to send it back and it has not even got here yet I figured I would be able to use it to call in bears since it has a pig squeal on it but I guess I need more advice on it otherwise I will be sending it back!

Hi Don, welcome to the board!!

I guess you figured out how to use the seach area of the board. Don't know what your price range is for a e-caller. I use a FoxPro with remote and it is the best thing I have ever used. Lightweight, no cords, no extrenal speakers, and the remote, well, it is awesome. They are pricey but worth it to me.

A nice call in the range of the Phantom is the new PreyMaster by JS. I worked with one a while back and it seemed to be a good system with good calling sounds. Still have to mese with that cord/speaker thing but way less weight than the old systems.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Don, I had one of the Phantoms for a short while. All it consists of is a digital sound player, a wire that runs from the sound player to the speaker, and a speaker. Trust me when I say that the sound at the other end is NOT digital quality. It's just not a good enough speaker.

You can make the same type system using a walkman tape player/discman/MP-3, a horn speaker, and some speaker wire. It's also much cheaper!

If you want digital, the MP-3 is smaller than the Phantom unit and is much easier to use. You can download any sound to it that you want from your PC.

DWL

well I have allready bought the thing but I may take it back seeing how bad everyone on the site thinks of it I am a hand caller and thought that the e-caller would give me an advantage have not really seen anything like you all are doing but I will definately try it thanks for the advice for building one sounds pretty easy and cheap.

Back