Fox Pro or Western Rivers

whitetailcrazy

i am going to buy my first electronic caller and need help in making my decision. i am looking @ foxpro 5 and Western rivers nite stalker, would like to hear the pros and cons of each before I make my decision.... Thanks, Mark

I've owned the FX5 in the past before converting over to the Scorpion due to it is pocket size. The FX5 is a great caller that can last a lifetime. I recommend you perform a search in this forum on the FX5 for it is a couple years old and people aren't as passionate on discussing it as they were when it first can out. The forum topics on the FX5 2 years ago will be very helpful. I never had a Nitestalker nor played with one so I am not in a position to recommend those one way or another. Dougk just submitted a great review of the Nitestalker a week or so ago in this forum that will be helpful to you in your decision. You will need to understand what both offers and make a decision as to what meets your needs best.

Probably the only thing you may easily overlook in your search is that the FX5 will obviously play the Foxpro proprietary sounds that cost only $25 for 16 sounds (and can play MP3 and wav formatted sounds), where the Nitestalker can not play the Foxpro proprietary sounds. If you go to the Foxpro website, you can hear each sound in their library to determine if their sounds are what you are interested in before making your decision.

Good luck in your decision. I believe you are considering 2 fine callers.
dougk's review >>>>>web page

No doubt go with the foxpro... Any of their callers are top of the line in my opinion. I had the FX5 and have since sold to go to the scorpion/SP-55 speaker combo.. Because where we hunt here in Central KY most of the time I will not even need the extra volume of the SP-55 speaker and the small compact size of the scorpion will be great.. Plus the customer service is great. Call and talk to the guys at foxpro.. They will stay on the phone all day with you if they have to and set you right up.. Top notch company...! That means a lot no matter what you are buying..

Thanks for your help, i think I'm going with the FX-5, because no-one has been able to give results on the W.R. call in below freezing temps. and inclement weather.

I will be ordering the unit quickly, because deer season in Illinois is coming to a close quickly and that will be the start to my predator hunting.

Can anyone recommend where to purchase my call and who might have the best deals???

what crapshoot said and fast service. Foxpro's are the same price every were. but some time's Allpredatorcall's have deal's. if you can get the Foxpro rechargible battery's with fast charger. after several stand's in cold weather doesnt hurt to be able to charge in your truck or home. Rick

Quote:
No doubt go with the foxpro... Any of their callers are top of the line in my opinion. I had the FX5 and have since sold to go to the scorpion/SP-55 speaker combo.. Because where we hunt here in Central KY most of the time I will not even need the extra volume of the SP-55 speaker and the small compact size of the scorpion will be great.. Plus the customer service is great. Call and talk to the guys at foxpro.. They will stay on the phone all day with you if they have to and set you right up.. Top notch company...! That means a lot no matter what you are buying..

Your story is the same as mine, sold the fx5 to go the scorpion/sp55 route....

Go foxpro and dont look back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Thanks for everyones help,,, really appreciated it! Just ordered the FURY! Thanks!

Nice... you wont regret the fox pro product and sounds...

Ive been in use of a scorpion and a nite stalker.... No comparison... Fox Pro by a long shot...

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for everyones help,,, really appreciated it! Just ordered the FURY! Thanks!

Ive been in use of a scorpion and a nite stalker.... No comparison... Fox Pro by a long shot...

Psychowolverine
What are the major advantages of the Scorpion over the Nite Stalker? Im really interested in that you have both and have done a side by side comparison.
Thanks
Doug

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Psychowolverine
What are the major advantages of the Scorpion over the Nite Stalker? Im really interested in that you have both and have done a side by side comparison.
Thanks
Doug

The sound quality, volume, and selection IMHO was so much better on the scorpion than the NS.

I think the construction and appearance is more attractive with the scorpion.

Remote to me was easier to use than the NS...

these are all just my opinion of course.

the one thing I liked about the NS that I dont think the scorpion had, was the ability to turn the main unit off at the remote.

I had total faith when we turned on the scorpion that we were gonna call something in. Once I started hearing some of the sounds on the NS, I didnt feel confident...

I wish I could promote a company that is based in my state of residence a little better, but at this time I cant.

Back