cat set...... step by step (video) ****and now catch!!!!

Quote:
where are some places on the net to order lures?

they are all over...

any trap supply place will carry them.. go to any search engine and search for trap lure...

minnesota trap line supplies, trappers haven, etc... they are all over

Quote:
KsBoy2,
Does the red fox urine work for catching gray foxes as well? I can't see why it wouldn't. We have quite a few cats around here if you can find them. We finally got some fresh snow that will help. We do have a ton of gray foxes though. Neat little critters! So for me it is Cats and Grays. I have had great luck with Kipper snacks believe it or not. Things stink like the dickens at 40 yds I can even smell them. But, thought about adding some urine to my sets which is the reason for the question. Can I use red fox urine for both cats and grays?

IMHO, red fox urine is a catch all.. Should be good to go

i squirt red fox pee on everything... lol

my boy catches rabbits in 110's by squirting some fox pee and setting the trap...

catches pack rats by squirting it right on the pan....

Thanks a lot for your help. I am going to give it a try. the videos look great. Hope you catch another there! Are there any other scents that I should try. Meaning if I use some red fox urine, Should I keep using the Kippers? I have thought about even making some of my own. I know that you can buy the ingredients separate then mix them. Also do you apply your scent to something so that it will not dissipate to quickly? If so what?

Very cool.Looks like you got a good cat trappin spot for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I dont have a chicken coop or know anyone who does but I know of an old barn that pigeons stay in and their are pigeon droppings and feathers all over the ground in there.I dont have any foothold traps,just live traps but do you think it would do any good to get a sack of that stuff and cover the floor of my trap with it?

ok rattler

definitely! make a nice trail of it about three feet out from the enterance to the cage also.... once he puts his nose on all those goodies hes yours lol

Thanks for all of the great info.
I'll have to head out to the barn tomorrow and gather some of that stuff up.I might take my shotgun and drop a pigeon when they fly out of the barn to use as bait too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

ok r'

that will work... wire the dead pigeon in the back so he has to work at getting to it... pictues please when you score...

good luck

Thanks for the tip.I can pick up some wire at the barn as well.
I'll definately post pics when I get one.They wont be very good since all I have is the camera on my cellphone but I'll definately have pictures to share. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

i order from sean bowden in hoyt kansas....

prairie wind lures

feline fancy goes down on most of my cat sets...

backbreaker and tail slapper are good two

Back