cat set...... step by step (video) ****and now catch!!!!

ksboy2

it took only two days on the remake from the first cat... this is the exact set shown above...

Last edited:
never know... i've already caught one in that location this year... and one last year... and two the year before......hehe

I have a similar spot on my property.... Ill have to redo some traps I guess and try this out...

saw my first cat ever on my place on Nov 22nd... He of course is now skinned out at the taxidermist.. LOL

Wish I had some chicken coop scraps to use like that

Quote:
nicely done. Now tomarrow we want to see the video of the cat in this set. Great post.

I would like to see a video of you petting the big cat and saying "good kitty" "gooood kitty" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let us know how you do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Absolutely! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Bet it would make video of the day on You Tube. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

After watching the four well done videos, I'd like to thank you for the 'tip'!

Bet you could probably start selling that chicken coup mix by the pound!

Scott (get anything today in this set?) B

These short videos are cool that you share, thanks for the input, seeing them helps me try work harder to get my sets right, first year foot hold trapper, do you run most of your lines north and south or does it matter, just curious because the book i read says set with the most common winds, and in kansas it seems to be north and south, congats on the cat, this is my first ever cat, i didnt get it in a trap, it ran out infront of me while i was driving in the country doing my second job, hit it with the pick up.

000_0351.jpg

Last edited:
bg.
i set on location... sign.. and travel corridors for cats...

they are visual hunters.. use a flag to get them close then they will smell your lure and finally find your bait... thats when the ole "whammo" comes in... haha

good luck

How do you anchor your traps so the big cats don't pull them up and drag them off ?

Do you use a long chain and shock absorber, or just short chains ? Here, in N.C., if we have a chain over 8", we have to add a 40-75 lb. shock absorber... Thanx.

Thats what I meant, what kinds of lure do you use or had success with. Is something like Powder river paste bait something that might work?

Lin,
i just anchor off to a tree with snare cable.. just make sure you have plenty of swivels... cats are not that hard to hold...

tater,

get a good skunky call lure and some commercial coyote bait... don't be afraid to call/email the guys who sell bait/lure... which works best on which critters

all the cats i posted on here were caught on

1. rk predator plus bait
2. feline fancy lure
3. red fox urine

there ya go... nothing hidden

KsBoy2,
Does the red fox urine work for catching gray foxes as well? I can't see why it wouldn't. We have quite a few cats around here if you can find them. We finally got some fresh snow that will help. We do have a ton of gray foxes though. Neat little critters! So for me it is Cats and Grays. I have had great luck with Kipper snacks believe it or not. Things stink like the dickens at 40 yds I can even smell them. But, thought about adding some urine to my sets which is the reason for the question. Can I use red fox urine for both cats and grays?

Back