Can anyone help me?

Chad Evans

Hi everyone. A few days ago I wrote a post called "coyote hunting in Michigan" I haven't gotten any replies yet, and I was just wondering if anyone here can help me out? Thanks a lot for you time
smile.gif
Chad Evans

I saw your post, Chad, but don't know anything to tell you. I suspect that most guys don't have anything more than what they have been posting.

Just read things like Hunting in the East, about ladders and tree stands, how long they call, and stuff like that. I pick up ideas all the time from just reading everything on the board. Don't know what else to tell you.

Welcome to Predator Masters. There is a wealth of info here. Hope it helps you.

------------------
Critr

LW42144.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Hey Chad... just catching up on posts and read yours. Before I could possibly offer you some answers there are alot of questions I need to ask. It sounds like you have picked a good location meaning woods bordering farmland. They are my most successful places. If you would like to email me, perhaps I could help.

sambolgs16917@yahoo.com

Crow Woman

Chad:

I know that there are a bunch of Michigan hunters that frequent this board. However, thay all sounded at last post like they were taking the summer off and going fishing.

With respect to hunting tips, Do not give up as the hunting in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, etc....(east) is all about the same. Right now it is very slow. Check out the posts Critr suggested and stand by it will pick up.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
one shot~one kill

Chad: I started calling this winter and have not had any come in. I have tried mouth and electronic calls. The areas I have called at are wooded bordering farm fields. I know there coyotes in the area but have not been able to call any in. I would appreciate any tips or ideas.
Thanks for your time.

Chad, This is a difficult post to respond to. If you are just beginning, your lack of success could be due to many reasons. Sometimes questions or posts like this go unanswered as there are so many things to consider.

Let's start with the basics. You know coyotes are in the area but you cannot call them in. Well, there are lots of reasons why they may not be responding. I would venture to guess that you are calling coyotes in but you are not seeing them. Maybe you should try hunting with a partner and letting him call while you post yourself 200 yards downwind of him and in the timber where coyotes may be circling you unseen. Make sure you are quiet while getting into your stand. Make sure you know how to sound like something that coyotes would be interested in. Limit your movement.

Chad, I think you need to read through many of the posts on this forum and get a basic understanding of calling first. After that, specific questions will be a lot easier to answer without having to write a book for each beginning caller. If you can get a basic understanding of calling first, we can take it from there. Don't give up on us yet. Tell us what you are doing already and be specific and we will try to help out. Wiley E

I think you have gotten some great advise here.Wiley has the best idea.Go through the archives and read alot of the topics and read what other guys are doing or have done in certain situations out calling.Then use some of the things you learn.Some things will instantly pay off,others might not work as well,it's all just trial and error until you get some experience.Then the fun begins,trying not to get to excited when that first coyote shows up.Oh,plan on missing a few at first that Buck(coyote)fever is hell on new callers.GOOD HUNTING..
wink.gif
I sure wish I would have had a predator masters forum when I started calling it sure would have made calling easier to start with

[This message has been edited by UTcaller (edited 06-01-2001).]

Chad; everybody here just about do it the same way some use ladders some hunt out of truck, on the ground, in the snow. Just start calling stick around for 15 20 min. then move on the your next stand and try again. If they are around close by they will come.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

I shot my first one this morning (6/9/2001). I did have a bad case of buck(coyote)fever when he came into the call. Thanks for the help everyone.

Chad Evans

Buckfever??? LOL
biggrin.gif

Whewwww, I can relate to that, Chad. That's the second best part of the whole sport. Without that fever, it would all get boring.
Your going to be so addicted now that your luck will have to increase, because the only remedy for the fever is to get back out there. Actually that makes the fever worse sometimes too...ah what the heck, whom I foolin? There is no remedy. Your hooked, welcome to it all.
Welcome to Predator Masters as a predator master.
wink.gif

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Chad: Glad to find another new yote hunter esp one who is close by. I'm in MT Pleasant and getting started myself. I work in Midland twice a week and maybe we could hook up and share some tips. Are you related ro Terry and Gwen Evans?

Back