will it help that much

chrisroth

I know I'm hunting where their are plenty of coyotes but sure have trouble calling them in.

Will using a fox pro with remote be all that much more of a help do you think.

Chris,

E-callers are not the magic pill some make them out to be. They have advantages yes, but they won't guarantee you a kill. You have to remember the golden rules when hunting predators:

[*] Movement

[*] Wind

[*] Concealment

[/list]
To me those are the most important. Tons of others, like volume of call, availability of your prey is a big one, hopefully they're where you are calling. Hunting pressure, lot's of things. There are advantages of using an e-caller yes, you can place the speaker away from you, diverting the attention of the prey away from you and onto the caller. You can set the speaker up pointing towards you instead of away, have them circle around to your front in other words, they do that alot....you can mix your sounds, you can pay attention to your surroundings a little better sometimes instead of focusing on your hand calling.
All sorts of things are good about e-callers but it's not a cure all. You have to pay strict attention to the wind direction so you don't get busted because of your wifes meatloaf the night before, you have to remain still at all times. E-callers allow some people to do that, just a push of a button and you're good to go, instead of the required movement for calling with hand calls..for some anyway.

If coyotes see you, most of them will bolt to Toledo, plain and simple. Quality of calls is important, but honestly, I've said this before and I'll say it again, I've sounded like a diseased Peruvian Yak with its balls in a vice and still managed to call in typically inquisitive coyotes. It's a dog, sometimes they just want to know whats making that racket. But if they smell you or/and see you, forget it....game over.

I agree 1000% with Bob. An e caller is a tool,
just that, a tool. The big picture is understanding how to work the wind ,terrain etc.,etc.
Alot of time a mouth call and a quality instructional video will be the best thing a guy can do to get started.

Back