Congrats To the Hunters Specialties Boy's

canine

Just got a call from Steve Criner, telling me that Big Al Morris and Garvin Young were the winners of the world Hunt in Colorado this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Congratulations Al and Garvin.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Congratulations also to Steve Criner and Clay Owens, They placed 7th in the world hunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Al and Garvins totals.....18 coyotes

Steve and Owen......9 coyotes and 1 bobcat

Congrats Fellas...
I'm happy for ya all!!!

JD

I do believe that Big Al has the scouting thing down to an art from what I have heard. My hat is off to you guys. That makes twice in a row, doesn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Wow, 18 dogs, in a 1 and 1/2 day contest. I want to hear the blow by blow like last year Al! Thats the same number as last year and I thought that was impossible.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats the same number as last year and I thought that was impossible.

Last year was 17 I believe.

Congrats Al & Garvin. Incredible hunting. It would be great to hear how they prepare for this event.

It was a great hunt. The weather was way warm. Al and Garvin are the #$##. they are going to donate back the rifles they won back to the utah youth hunt! my hat off to them. Must be nice to be able to scout for a week (I am way jealous). They make the most of it. That is for sure. Boy colorado's rule for only being able to have 5 dogs per person sure messed things up for some people.

Was my first year, I had a blast me and my partner only shot 2 dogs, but we are already planning next year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif! We scouted a few days in advance and located a good area with alot of coyotes and called them in 2 days before the hunt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif, but it was a different story the day of the hunt. They would not respond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif. We called a coyote and a fox in on our first set. And took the coyote. Second set nothing. Third set we called in a triple and shot one of them with the shotgun twice and he got up and ran off. We never found the dog, but his head was hanging to the side real bad so I know he is piled up somewhere. After that it was a bust the rest of the hunt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Met a ton of real good people and can't wait for next year!! My hats off to Al and Garvin, what a couple of down to earth guys, good calling and shooting boys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif!

it was our second year. the 1st was in elko and we got spanked! killed 1 that year. at least we competed this year

Last edited:
Congrats to Big Al and Garvin They really laid the smack down on the coyotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif We had a blast we ended up calling 12 coyotes and 11 red foxes we did not shoot at any of the reds and my shooting was horrible on the coyotes my boy picked up some of the old mans misses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Congrats Al and Garvin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Kerry

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
Congrats fellas!

In Christ,

Song Dog

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Awesome job, guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif Incredible feat. It's cool to see some good guys do so well.

Back