TT - Custom Fawn Distress call

TonyTebbe

I was commissioned by a PM member to build him a dedicated fawn distress call in a duck call style fashion. I was eager to take on the challenge, as I've never been pleased with any commercial fawn distress calls. Plus, I wanted to produce a 100% custom call for this project.

I've removed 3 different fawns from fences before and none of them sounded like most fawn distress hand calls that I've heard, as well as, most electronic call recordings. Western Rivers had a recording that sounded what I call very realistic of any I've heard.

I designed this toneboard from 3/8" acrylic to help hit the pitches that I wanted to achieve on a closed reed, internal toneboard. The cocobolo call barrel has 10 coats of hand rubbed wax finish on it to give a classic low to medium sheen finish. The friction fit exhaust is turned from elk antler that has been buffed and sealed with acrylic to last.

montefawn1.jpg

montefawn2.jpg

The caller gets a bonus in his dedicated fawn distress call, because it also does a good rabbit distress.

Click for Fawn Distress Sound Recording

Click for Rabbit Distress Sound Recording

I sure hope he likes it, as I'm pretty proud of how this 100% Custom closed reed call turned out.

Thanks for looking....

Tony

Tony Super call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif it looks great, thanks for getting this together for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Awesome work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
The combo looks awesome together. You nailed the sound. Sounds exactly like the little one my buddy spine shot yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif About 70 pounds, guts and all. GOOD EATIN'

Back