New Amp on the way.

SD Handgunner

I broke down and ordered a Cana Kit #UK193 12 Volt Amp, sent the money order off Tuesday. Hopefully this will provide what the RS Mini Amp lacks. Is anyone using this Cana Kit #UK193 Amp? Does the Volume Control on the Amp have an on/off switch incooporated in it? What are the measurements of this Amp (length, width, height)?

In addition I picked up a 12 Volt 3.3 AH Sealed Lead Acid Battery. It measures 5.25"x2.60"x2.60". I also picked up a Radio Shack 5"x7"x3" Project Enclosure to house the Amp & Battery, as well as the neccessary Jacks.

Hopefully the Amp arrives soon so I can get this all put together and give it a test run.

Larry

The amp does not have an on/off switch. It measures about 1.625" x 2.75" x 1". This amp has worked well for me. Plenty loud now.

Hope that helps.

Handgunner I was wondering if you have had a chance to get your new amp installed and tesed yet, how it is working for you?
Sleepy

robcarnahan

Thanks for the reply. I still have not received my AMP, but I think I have everything else lined up (provided my Project Enclosure is large enough).

Sleepy, I'll let you know when it gets here and everything is all hooked up.

Larry

SD Handgunner, when you get that baby put together be sure and post a photo for us. Always love to see what people are coming up with. And thanks again for the tip on Western Rec for the JS CD's. I've got all 64 meg in the mp3 player stuffed full of sounds now!

TWOTWENTYSWIFT

Glad you were able to get the CD's you needed. I found another place that had them for the same price, but for the life of me I can not remember where I saw them listed.

I got the AMP, and got everything mounted into the Radio Shack Project Enclosure, then I had to go back to work. Now it is to just finish up wiring everything, and test it out.

Later

Larry

TWOTWENTYSWIFT

Well I got everything all wired up today, and even gave it a test run this afternoon. It was an easy project, except that the use of 3 or 4 hands was needed at times to put everything together. I housed the amp and the 12 Volt 3.3AH Battery in a 5"x7"x3" Radio Shack Project Enclosure.

It was way too windy to expect anything to come in, but gave it the ole college try anyway.

This amp provides all of the volume one could ever expect to need. Even at full volume the sound is great (with the Radio Shack 25W-50W MAX PA Speaker) without distortion.

Nope, didn't get anything to come in, but enjoyed using the new E-Caller anyway. I am looking for good things to come, now if the weather would only cooperate.

Larry

PS, I do not have a digital camera, and my scanner died so can not post any pictures of the set up.

Back