Christmas Lights

HardcoreSlot

The family has been getting on my case about hanging lights. I did it, now i cant figure out why they wont talk to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

christmaslights.jpg

Last year my daughters drew a tree on a sheet of paper and hung it on my refrigerator so I would have a tree for Christmas!

To me, the spirit of Christmas should be all year round and I resent the commercialization of the season! Bah Humbug!

Nikonut

Quote:
I don't even put the tree up til Christmas eve. ...

That's actually very much in keeping with the tradition of the Christmas Tree where it originates.

I dislike any talk of or apparent preparation for Christmas before December. The earlier they start the build up, the more diluted the festival becomes.

Quote:

I dislike any talk of or apparent preparation for Christmas before December. The earlier they start the build up, the more diluted the festival becomes.

+1
It boils my blood to see these stores putting up christmas displays around halloween. There should be a law that says they cant do it until black friday. 1 holiday at a time people! Think about it, how much more of a rush could you create if nothing was on display, nor on sale before then. With all the internet stores out there that have great prices, who really wants to go to the mall anymore./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif I would rather have a colon exam, shop online and just ship it to me please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
It boils my blood to see these stores putting up christmas displays around halloween. There should be a law that says they cant do it until black friday.

Around here, nothing says Christmas like the Dollar Tree putting stuff out in August...

Putting up Christmas lights can be hazardous to your health.
My doctor here fell off his roof 5 years ago and broke his back and is now paralyzed from the mid chest down. Just last week a neighbor fell off a ladder and shattered his wrist.
When my doctor broke his back I swore off Christmas lights forever.

Jack

My daughter and son in law liked my lights and decorations so much I gave them all of it 4 or 5 years ago and have not missed them in the least. best move I ever made.only problem is they seem to borrow my ladder until its time for the light to come back down. HO HO HO Merry Christmas....

Quote:
Putting up Christmas lights can be hazardous to your health.
My doctor here fell off his roof 5 years ago and broke his back and is now paralyzed from the mid chest down. Just last week a neighbor fell off a ladder and shattered his wrist.
When my doctor broke his back I swore off Christmas lights forever.

Jack

Ya know Jack...I'd like to see some data comparing gun related accidents and Christmas light installation accidents. I'd bet Christmas lights are more dangerous!

bownut

Back