trap types

Hendrickx

whats a good Coil Spring trap brand? or does it really not matter?

Also you got
-double jaw traps
-rubber jaw traps
-offset jaw traps
-4 coiled traps
-4 coiled offseet/rubber jaw traps

is there a site to help me understand each type or what is the difference's..

yea like cross j said whats your stat laws ,, but i like victor traps best for yotes,cats,and fox,, here they have to be rubber jawed

Im not really familiar with the laws quit yet....I was just wanting to learn the different types.

but I would mostly be targeting coon

Last edited:
Just buy yourself some cheap duke 1 1/2's and go have fun. For coon, you need nothing more as a recreational trapper.(IMO) If you were planning to do coon and animals up to fox, go with a #1.75.

I just bought some of the new bridger 1 1/2's. Great trap right out of the box, they lay flat. night latch dog, good chain and swivels and the price was great.

I would suggest that you try to locate the Trapper Association for your State. They will have mind-blowing data about the laws that you must follow...

As far as the traps you mention, try looking on a trapping supply online store. I use www.fntpost.com (and a few others)!

Scott (slept at a HolidayInnExpress) B

Quote:
Just buy yourself some cheap duke 1 1/2's and go have fun. For coon, you need nothing more as a recreational trapper.(IMO) If you were planning to do coon and animals up to fox, go with a #1.75.

I argee with the Duke #1-1/2 for coons, they will hang on to 'em!

But the #1.75 for fox?
Best trap for them would need to be the #11 double spring.....(YMMV-JMHO)!

Scott (just a little animal) B

Back