Oregon pays you to turn guns in

Oregon310

Oregon has a program in which you can turn a gun in & they will pay you for it. They take the collected guns & destroy them. Do they have this program in other states ? I guess its a no questions asked deal, but I'm not sure. They say they get everything from old beat up hunting rifles to full auto AK's. They don't run the serial #'s on any of the guns against police reports, so if its your stolen gun, it gets destroyed. I'm not sure what the pay is for the guns, as I don't have any I am willing to hand over.

Yeah, city of South Bend Indiana has a $50 no questions asked buy back once a year. Doesn't matter if it's in working order. Then when it's done, they show everyone via the TV news, how much safer the police made the area.

Quote:
Yeah, city of South Bend Indiana has a $50 no questions asked buy back once a year. Doesn't matter if it's in working order. Then when it's done, they show everyone via the TV news, how much safer the police made the area.

Ya, they seem to be able to find the meth-head with two glocks & a tech-9 for the front page of the paper every year. Go figure.

Well if that's the case, I would be a block away and offer those crack heads $60 each for good guns.

Anything to impress the uneducated public /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Wonder what they are going to do when someone gets a court order requiring them to return any stolen ones to the lawful owner?

I turned in a sawed off .22 single shot with a threaded barrel got fifty bucks for it.
When i ask them about taking position of a class 3 weapon they said they where exempt from the law.

I remember reading about one of these done in Vegas a few years back. One old lady turned in her dead husband's M1 Garand in excellent condition and got $100 for it.

I'm waiting to find another one going on down there so I can save my pennies and go see what I can pick up for a few hundred dollars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know a lot of guys who go hang out on the street for the one in South Bend, and they get some great deals on some pretty good guns. I also know guys who will go buy as many junk guns as they can for less than $50 each, and then go turn them in and walk away with cash in their pocket. South Bend is a clasic example of a bunch of liberals. Morons, every one of them.

How long is it going to take these idiots to bankrupt the city or state that allows this stupidity? It is just Gov sponsored recieving stolen goods. Of course the rational is that the "victim" of the theft, got reimbursed by the insurance company. And they paid chuimp change to get eveil firearms "off the street"
It really is a great Idea to go out and "collect" every junk POS firearm you can find, just to go collect the chump change they offer, and to further show the ammount of debit the idiot libs can generate in the name of being PC

what would be funny is if some dealers would purchase street vendors license and set up a few tables saying will buy your junk firearms by these city ran buy backs.

I think I'd get a kick watching the news. I could see the headlines now.

City gun buy back program turns into huge gunshow on the street!

Yeah rah Oregon, too many liberal tree huggers with nothing better to do.

Like most liberal schemes, none of these buyback programs have been shown to accomplish anything but spend taxpayer's money.

Like all efforts at gun control/crime reduction associated with guns, it has no effect on the criminals but then I am preaching to the choir again.

To think that educated and supposedly intelligent people think this is a great thing for government to do. Don

RECKON WHERE ALL THEM DOLLARS COME FROM. They are paying the city to take their guns. There will be a slight property tax increase next year. DUH!

I think this is how it all started in Australia and Great Britian.

I wouldn't be opposed to dividing the state in half, West Oregon and East Oregon. All the politicians are on that side of the state, they forget we exist out here. Culo-goski.

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to dividing the state in half, West Oregon and East Oregon. All the politicians are on that side of the state, they forget we exist out here. Culo-goski.

I think that was proposed around the 80's wasn't it ? I was too young to vote, but I remember it being a big deal. The problem is like you said, "the valley" controls the vote. We might as well call it the peoples republic of Eugene, Salem & Portland. Maybe Orefornia would be a better fit.

Quote:
...the peoples republic of Eugene, Salem & Portland.

Don't forget Corvallis, that's quite the Liberal mecca. I can smell it from here on a bad day.

A couple of years ago I think it was in Florida, they had a program to turn in firearms for tennis shoes. It was one of those no questions asked things. One guy showed up with a SAM to get shoes for his daughter. At least thats what the newspaper said.

Back