Howa Axiom

foxxpro

Was wondering if anyone has shot or knows how the howa axiom shoots. Was looking to get one but interested in any input.

I have not shot an actual axion. If I am not mistaken they are the Howa 1500 Rifle with the Axiom stock on them. On this bases I will tell you I love my Howa rifle it shoot very well and have had it for 5 years now.

I would not hesitate to buy another one in a second. Mine is in a .308 cal, but there are lots of folks on here that love theirs also in the more traditional varmint and predator cals.

I have a Axiom in 22-250 and love it. It is a Howa M1500 with a Knoxx stock. I got the mine in the Desert Shadow camo.

So glad someone asked this... my latest recordings of Predator Quest has me thinking about one as well. Do the Knoxx stock really reduce the recoil around 70%? That would make it very attractive in .308 to me or even 25-06 for that matter... (Foxxpro not trying to hijack here).

Heres mine in 22-250. topped off with a 4-16 Nikon tactical.
It will shoot 5/8" groups w/50gr. sierras and varget (third load tried), will do better just havent put any bench time in.
GUN3.jpg

GUN1.jpg

Richard

Wow Mean Looking rifle!!!! Is that painted factory or custom ???? Very SHARP!!! Do you know if the stock is available for auto's????

Thanks, its a home painted job using Krylon ultra flat camo paint. As far as I know Knoxx only offers it for bolt rifles and some shotguns.

Richard

I think Howa made a HUGE mistake leaving that HUGE gap from the forearm stock and the barrel. It's the goofiest thing I've seen on a rifle and it drives me nuts. It's so ugly it churns my stomach. It's hideousness makes me want to look away, yet I find it hard to avert my eyes from it's grotesqueness. It's a monstrousity never before seen in the gun world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Perhaps if one were to wrap a bag around that part and tape it, it just might make it bearable?

I think they took the concept of "free-floating" a bit too far.

Did I mention I didn't like the gap between the forearm stock and the barrel? LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iSnipe

(P.S. "hntnnut, sweet camo job on that rifle. Makes it look all that much better!")

Did you use some type of stenciling to get the design to match throughout the gun so exact or what method/technique did you use? Also did you experience any problems getting settled in or comfortable behind the scope for a shot? I was looking at a Howa Axiom with a Nikko Sterling and really had difficulty with getting set up behind the gun. I even made some adjustments on the stock. I wonder if it is possible that the gun was not set up right or to my liking by the Techs. I just wasn't able to throw the gun up into a shooting position and get a good feel for the gun and a competent sight picture for a shot. Other than that I'm considering making a purchase. Again GREAT LOOKING GUN!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif!

TC

Quote:
I think Howa made a HUGE mistake leaving that HUGE gap from the forearm stock and the barrel. It's the goofiest thing I've seen on a rifle and it drives me nuts. It's so ugly it churns my stomach. It's hideousness makes me want to look away, yet I find it hard to avert my eyes from it's grotesqueness. It's a monstrousity never before seen in the gun world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Perhaps if one were to wrap a bag around that part and tape it, it just might make it bearable?

I think they took the concept of "free-floating" a bit too far.

iSnipe.....don't be so bashful next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm like you: I don't care for the "look", but it's a proven fact that they concept works.

tcavaness,

No stenciling, with the gun disasembaled I used the sand color as a base coat. After drying I reassembaled the gun and then applied the olive drab stripes freehand.
As for comfort behind the gun, it felt fine for me but when I added a stock pack with a built in cheek pad my cheek weld felt perfect. I had more of a problem getting used to the vertical pistol grip than anything else.

Richard

Free Hand WOW you absolutly have a gift!!! Strong Work!! I might purchase The Howa Axiom in 204 with Nikko Sterling I think 4x16 40mm obj. and bi-pod $849.00. Is that a decent price?

Was watching the latest Drury Predator Video With Les Johnson in it and he was shooting a Nikon instead of the regular Nikko Sterling he reps on his Howa Axiom 204 !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif No more Nikkos???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif He really places some unbelevable shots with that Howa Axiom 204.

TC

For those of you asking about the Knoxx stock you can look them up on line but you better have a pretty good job if you want to buy one !holy crap over 500 big one for the stock alone !!

Back