Problems with making my e-caller.

cc

I am having some problems with locating the mini amp that will boost the sound for my speaker. I am following the directions from the Predator Master site. Tha boy at the Radio Shack tlod me the amp wasn't big enough to produce sound in the speaker. Can you please help me? Will any amp (like a 7 amp) work? I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks!

The Radio Shack mini-amp has plenty of power for my rig. I will move this subject to electronic calls forum where you should get even more answers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CC...

I guess thats why those guys don't own Radio Shack huh? LOL

The amp is plenty powerful enough to drive the speaker, if your using the directions and equipment I listed in the article. Mine and several dozen others work great using the little pocket amp.

Try it out and if it don't work then take it back... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The Radio Shack mini-amp you want is the 277-1008c. This is the one Stretch (Robert Cobb)featured in his tech article. It's super light weight and compact with plenty of power for most calling situations. The downside is that it produces lots of hiss if turned up much and will cut out if the battery gets low and you try for more volume, so take a couple of extra 9 volt batteries with you.

Thanks for the info. I am taking off work today to purchase my caller items. I'm sure I will have other questions. Thanks again!

Get a cord, and plug end "M" and you can run the amp from a larger battery. I have a rechargeable battery pack I picked up from Target that has two cigaret lighter sockets at 12V, and three smaller sockets for small electronics at 3V, 4.5V, and 9V.

Back