FoxPro speaker power

howler

The new loudmouth pred caller is reported to have 13 watts and 8 ohms of speaker power anybody know what the foxpro puts out, up on the high plains we need power

So I guess that means the loudmouth is a louder is it louder by a bunch or just a tad. the FoxPro is generally loud enough to do the job just curious if the loudmouth is going to be louder.

also the speakers "sensitivity" or "efficiency" is a HUGE FACTOR.

two speakers can have the same wattage input, but a more efficent speaker can/will have a measurably "louder" output.

It takes a doubling of the power output wattage to make every 3 db increase in volume.

3-6-12-24-48 etc etc

If you have a 120db speaker and a 100db speaker, think about how much more power it will take to get the sound levels equal. There is a reason that all the eCalls use Horn speakers. They are the most efficient. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's my opinion that louder is not necessarily better. I'd wager that most people call too loudly, and they also call too much. I'd also say that clarity and sound quality are far more important than actual volume. Nobody other than PredatorSpanker can really comment on the Loud Mouth, because they're not available yet. It does look like a great product though. We'll just have to wait and see.

I know for a fact that the Foxpro is plenty loud. I unboxed mine in my car, not knowing it had batteries in it, and turned the power on. It nearly busted my ear drums!

good reply Buster I have turned mine on by mistake and it about gave me a heart attack. I think your right about the speaker's clairity being the most important thing, Time will tell. Also volume is a relative thing, hunting in a wood lot back east as compared to sitting on a hillside and looking into a basin with 10,000 acres is quite different.

Back