Benelli SBE Question

GrizleyHunter

I have a SBE 3-1/2 with a 28" barrel and would like to get a shorter barrel for yote hunting (24")will I lose any performance with the shorter barrel and where can I get one.
Thanks
Griz

You won't loose any performance and for predator/turkey hunting I think it is a good swap. Keep the longer barrel for bird hunting to give you that swing you need. You won't like the price of a new Benelli barrel. You can check the classifieds over at ShotgunWorld.com for a good used one, or, buy new from someplace like Brownell's.

Any performance differential will not be obvious to the yote. Benelli barrels fetch a dear price at retail. Some of that may be due to exchange rates (Euro v. $). If you look at the barrel machining and the fact that the inertia bolt locks into the barrel lugs as opposed to some sort of receiver lockup, you can see why they are more money. The barrels are also crio-ed and that must cost some additional $ as well.

Have one with short barrel for turkey hunting and occasional yote session. Lethal at same ranges you can get from the slightly longer barrel but as GC said Benelli is mighty proud of their barrels so be prepared.

I looked for a shorter barrel for my SBEII, I have a 26" on it now, and ended up just buying another shotgun for much less than the barrel. Thats if you can find another barrel.

Back