New set up

TxYoteHunter

Normally I use my old Remington 700 243 for coyote hunting. I have an old Redfield 4X fixed scope on it and it's always worked just fine, I have no complaints about it. But in the last couple of weeks I've been on a spending spree. Bought a Savage .17 HMR for a fun gun then got a little Winchester wildcat 22 just for the heck of it, then the other night I bought a new Remington 700 270 with Ziess conquest 3x9x40. I got this to use in the deer woods but wondered how it would work on coyotes also. I think it will do a little more damage on the pelt but I don't keep those anyway so it doesn't really matter. So, for the coyotes would you go ahead and use the 243 or drag out the 270? What would be the best ammo for the 270 for this?

If you're going to use the 270 for deer hunting get out and practice with it on the yotes with the same ammo you will be using for deer hunting. At least that's what I would do if you're not going to keep the hides.

I predict one shot kills on all coyotes you hit with the 270...post pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back