minaska bandit M1 remote

elmerfudd62

I have the M1 bandit and was wondering how everybodys remote is working.If I set the call on the ground about all the range I get is about 75 yards If I put in a tree or on a fence post I get about a 100 yards just wondering if that is about what everybody else is getting out of a 4oo + remote? I also had some of the batterys go bad and they said they would ship some out and that was about 2 weeks ago and I have not seen them yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Try getting ahold of them again. Theyve been very busy.
This was posted on another thread earlier:
To All:

We have been short handed with staff and we have had everyone out in the shop working on building callers, programming boards, remotes, cases and completing warranty work. We had to make the decision to let the phone ring so we could concentrate on fulfilling all of our orders that we already have. Monday we will be back to full staff and you will have no problem reaching anybody on the phone.

We are shipping out packages like crazy right now and almost all of the warranty work went out at the end of this last week. I apologize for the lack of response on the forums but like I said we have been working 10-15 hr days and just haven’t had much extra time to stay current on here.

If you have been waiting on warranty work it was only due to the fact that your caller required a complete board change out with a brand new circuit board. We plan to be all caught up by the beginning of this coming week!

bigskyhunter,

I would like to know what your serial number is and what kind of unit you have so I will be prepared for your visit. I look forward to meeting you in person!

WolferC,

My cell phone’s mailbox has never been full so I wonder which number you were trying. If you still have questions other that what is above please give us a call Monday.

Again I would like to say thank you to all of you for your patience and truly feel fortunate that you have all hung in there for us. I promise you that we are completely through the circumstances that have been holding us back for so long!

Thank you!

Steve Borland
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

I am still not inpressed with minaska service I had a problem with the rechargeable batterys and I c all the office to talk to them and they said they would send me new batterys that has been over a month ago. So I put a post on here and steve had me e-mail him and and he said he would get it taking care of the next day which would of been the Nov. 27 and I still have not got anything!and I only @200 mile from lincoln so it should not take that long to get them. I am glad I did not wait for batterys the only thing is I hope to [beeep] nothing else goes wrong

elmerfudd62,

I am still going to send them out to you. I tested the few that we had in stock and they were no good. We do not use them at this time and did not have any to send you that I felt confortable sending out. I ordered some new ones that have not come in yet. As soon as they do I will send you out a brand new set of 8.

Thank you for your patience,

Steve Borland
Minaska Outdoors, Inc.

steve am I ever going to get battery`s for my caller???? I feel sorry for anybody that has anything major go wrong with there call I have been waiting for almost 2 months just for battery`s. And at this point I would not EVER recommend a minaska because of the service that I have got.or should I say (HAVE NOT GOT) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

elmer,

I will send out another set of batteries on Monday. I will follow up with you after they are sent with tracking information to make sure they arrive safely this time.

Thank you for your patience!

bandit
I went and got batterys to use. it is just the idea you spend that much money on a call and within a month the batterys are shot and someone sayes they are going to send you new ones then I want them if they are not going to send them then don`t say they are sending them out to you.it is the idea of it I had to wait because they web site screwed up on the tax on the unit then I had to wait a month to get it then the battery problem it has been wait wait and wait I hope nothing else goes wrong

Quote:
There may be some helpful information on batteries in this post as well.

Batteries causing some hate and discontent Part 1

Why does this link have anything to do with the subject matter of the OP? After all, it's a link to a preowned FoxPro caller with bad batteries that gamedog purchased about one year ago. Even the FoxPro guys offerd to reimburse gamedog for the purchase of new batteries from his retailer.

I would think that a courtesy phone call or email from MO informing elmerfudd62 that the replacement batteries were indeed shipped and to expect them soon, would have gone a very long ways.

Elmer, I have two Bandit M1 callers, one still new in the box and only sound tested for operation. So far the original one I use has proven to work for me.

Get it right guy's, it's your future!!

thanks that all I am asking is stand behind the equipment and not take forever to get it to the customer. because the way they take care of busness this will be the only call I will get from them just because of there service is (****) poor

That's weird. Anytime I needed something done on my caller they took care of me right away. I took my caller in for a warrenty fix the other day because I was going to sell it to a friend so I could buy an Minaska Ultimate and they did the fix while I waited. They had plenty to do with getting calls ready to send out and they took the time to fix it while I waited. This was at 8:30 at night. They could have told me to leave it and and come back but didn't. Thanks, Todd. They even got me a caller on Christmas Eve 2 years ago.
I hope you get your caller soon. It IS a really good caller and will serve you well.

Back