Mojo Woodpecker, Foxpro FX5 and live bobcat pictures.

what about the mojo wood pecker does it play out quick like the whirling wood pecker , I have a whirling wood pecker and it eats batteries

Quote:
what about the mojo wood pecker does it play out quick like the whirling wood pecker , I have a whirling wood pecker and it eats batteries

The Mojo Woodpecker takes four AA batteries. I have not had to replace the original four AA batteries yet, they have lasted quite a while.

Great pictures thanks for sharing. My wife loves to take pictures. I show her the pictures on here and she loves them and would like to try taking pictures while calling sometime. She wonders what kind of camera you are using. Does the noise bother them?
thanks, Sparky

Quote:
Excellent pictures, Bob. Are cats legal for you? Or you just not feel like shooting cats?

They are legal to shoot during the season if you buy bobcat tags or a trapping license. I don't want to shoot bobcats bad enough to buy the tags or trapping license. With a camera in hand it is kind of like catch and release.

Quote:
how loud did you play the caller with the cat right next to it?

I had the sound muted when the bobcat came right up to the call. It was on full volume when the bobcat stopped at about 20 yards. Last season I had lots of coyotes and some bobcats walk right up to the call with the volume on full blast.

Quote:
what camera were you using???

My camera is a Canon Rebel Xti and I have a Tamron 28 X 300 zoom lens on it. When I put it on "Sports Mode" it takes three pictures per second.

Great pics!!! What sound were you using on the Foxpro? I've had cats stalk right up to the JIB with the Foxpro but never had one stalk the woodpecker decoy.

Quote:
If those were mine I think I'd be asking Foxpro and Mojo if they wanted to buy them for advertising. Great pics!

DSCN2476.jpg

My son Wes took this picture at the 2009 Shot Show at the Mojo booth.

WOW! This may be the single best set of sequential predator huting still shots I have ever seen. Amazing.

Congrats on such an awesome experience.

Amazzing job on that very Nice Bob! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I wish I took some pics of my cat but I got too excited and didnt want to spook her with my tripod moving around.

Back