Mojo Woodpecker, Foxpro FX5 and live bobcat pictures.

derbyacresbob

The coyote calling has been pretty slow, so this afternoon I went to another area that I hoped I would call in a bobcat. Nothing came in on my first three stands. On the fourth stand at just a little over 15 minutes I was about to give up. All of a sudden I noticed movement to my right, I moved my eyes to the spot and I saw two ears through the grass heading up the hill towards me. About 12 yards in front of me and a little to the left I had my FX5 with a Mojo Woodpecker hanging out of a tree on some fishing line. The bobcat stopped and watched the decoy for quite a while.
IMG_3794.jpg

This is where the bobcat stopped.
IMG_3814.jpg

Here is the bobcat closer to the call and decoy.
IMG_3841.jpg

In this picture the bobcat hears my camera.
IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

In this picture I tried to get my shotgun barrel in the picture.
IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

I ended up taking 173 pictures of this bobcat. It was hard to hold my camera still, what a rush it was. I will post some more pictures in the Photo Gallery.

That is too freaking cool.

Awesome pics there man. Getting in that close to the call and having it on stand that long must have been something else.

Great stuff, I'm headed over the photo forum to check the rest out.

Andrew

Bob well done,It can be very very exciting taking up close pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif GENE'O

You are the camera master Bob. I like how you roll. If you can't finds any dogs to pose, move on to a more willing subject. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I might have taken several pictures, but the cat wouldn't have appeared quite so life like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back