Red squirrel mount in habitat $300.00 dollars??!!

section8smkr

Ok, I am getting older and realize prices increase over time. However, I was checking prices for mounts and mounts with habitats. It seems everyone out west has very reasonable prices. Here In upstate ny, the going price for a red squirrel in habitat, aka a log, is about 300 dollars. O>K> sound fair to you guys? Alot of taxi shops won't touch something this small- is that the reason for the price? Just wondering that's all.

Red squirrels are just a snotty little thing up here. Not only bark at you when approaching, but will dive down a tree and crawl down the closest branch to you and stare you face to face- then start barking again. Gotta give them credit.

Tough little son's a guns.

Any takers, let me know, it's frozen whole in a ziplock.

Sincerely,

I think the official name may be 'pine squirrel' but to most anywhere near the upper Midwest they are called red squirrels.

LOL, "pine squirrel" maybe a proper name I never heard of! I always find them in pine alone- no place else. Sure don't look like rats. Lived in many a city, rats and their hairless tails are just, well freakin ugly. Not to mention really ugly...

LOL,

Red Squirrels, nasty little trouble makers. I've spend many miserable hours sitting at an Adirondack deer stand waiting for the drivers, just to have a stinkin’ Red Squirrel barkin’ at me. More than one pushed his luck a bit to far and ended life as a fuzzy pile of squirrel gooo.

Western squirrels are a much different critter. You should see some of the grey and red squirrels we have out here. Pointy ears, some have fluffy white tails and are about as big as a small cat …. Well a very small cat, but much bigger than the Grey’s you are used to seeing.

Actually I do miss it. My past and my family is buried there. Lake Placid, Tupper Lake, All the Lilly Pad lakes, Lincoln Pond, North Pond, Mine Ville, E-town, Wadams, Westport, Crown Point, Ticonderoga, Keene, Keene Valley, .... I miss all of 'em and more. When I left there weren't any jobs, we were all lost generations really. Just the other day I was reminded that a 12 month job was only a dream for most. I guess things have changed a little, the APA has realized that they need to work with people, not drive them from their homes. In my day the APA was a dirty word. But since then, the beaver have returned, there are turkey's and even the moose have made a bit of a come back .... yeah you can say I miss it...

Back