coyote vs 300 weatherby

kunas

I was deer hunting this morning leaning on a round bale watching the huge field in front of me when i heard something walking in the woods to my back. I turned around and to my suprise i seen something walking in the woods at first i didnt know what it was i just seen something moving when it came out from behind the tree it was a very pretty nice fured up dog. the weatherby was laying on top of the round bale now to my back, i said some few bad words i went for broke and turned and grabbed the gun and looked back and i was busted. He however didnt seem to care about me he continued to walk about 50-60 yards behind me i put the dog in the scope and did the loud bark and he stopped in his tracks dropped the hammer and there he laid. I think it is a very nice looking dog. I hit him with a 150 grain sst out of my 300 weatherby (thanks gamedog) at about 3500 fps. I know that it is more fun calling and them shooting them but i cant pass a shot up on a dog or fox while hunting, technically i did call him by giving him the bark that ended it for him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif entrance hole was a pinhole exit was size of a half dollar. i have attached a couple of pics Ron
[image]
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp135/kunas1/coyote1.jpg
[/image]
coyote2.jpg
coyote3.jpg
coyote4.jpg
coyote1.jpg

Good looking Coyote ! Ive had worse results with a .223 with a 40 grn Vmax.. Mebbie I need to use the .7mm mag... more fur friendly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

forgot to add that he topped the scales at 33lbs flat, yeah i guess that the 150 grainer didnt open up on him which is good the exit looks worse than it is because of the blood

yeah desert he was fured up very well we just shot one last week that had the mange he was horrible looking Ron

Back