Obama has already Started In on the Guns

RifleDog

Some people think that my critisizm of Dan Cooper's decision to make financial contributions to the Obama campaign was too harsh. However, have a look at this article. He is not even in office yet and its already starting. He has a questionaire he is giving to any perspective cabinent members asking them detailed questions about their gun ownership. One question even says "has your registration ever expired"? That confuses me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081120/pl_politico/15835

thank's for posting, I sent the link to quite a few people.

Legislation will be coming alot sooner than most people think, I figure March-April 09.

This is just a peek at what we all have coming at us, just to be the first I can honestly say "I DID NOT VOTE FOR ANY DEMOCRAT! I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER SUPPORTED ANY GUN GRABBING POLITICIAN!"

Quote:
This is just a peek at what we all have coming at us, just to be the first I can honestly say "I DID NOT VOTE FOR ANY DEMOCRAT! I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER SUPPORTED ANY GUN GRABBING POLITICIAN!"

+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Some people think that my critisizm of Dan Cooper's decision to make financial contributions to the Obama campaign was too harsh.

RifleDog..Yeah i'm pretty sure Dan Cooper's contribution made all the difference in the world regarding Obama's election.

Maybe there's other consideration's..As to why he got elected ??

The struggling economy is certainly something that stand's out..

Many are not sold on the war in Iraq..

Media bias is yet another..[that's what probably got Obama elected]

This hole we are in was already dug..there was no way McCain was gonna pull this one out..
"blabbing" on the net will get us nowhere..

JMO..

Quote:
Quote:
Some people think that my critisizm of Dan Cooper's decision to make financial contributions to the Obama campaign was too harsh.

RifleDog..Yeah i'm pretty sure Dan Cooper's contribution made all the difference in the world regarding Obama's election.

Media bias is yet another..

This hole we are in was already dug..there was no way McCain was gonna pull this one out..

I don't consider it blabbing. I would say preparing for a battle we are going to have to fight. I know several people that voted for him that are wishing they hadn't. Just because he is appointed President doesn't mean we can't fight him on the issues we feel he is wrong on, our gun rights being the front runner. I hope he is going to be a Great President, but hope in one hand and @#$% in the other and see which one fills up first.

Quote:
Quote:

Media bias is yet another..[that's what probably got Obama elected]

JMO..

Wow, you took what I was saying way out of context. Of course Im not suggesting that Cooper's $5000 or so contribution got him elected, Im simply saying that previously I was critical of the fact that a gun manufacturer would support an anit-gun polititian. Its kinda like what CatShooter from Conneticut said, "if you your'e selling enviromentally friendly products for a living, you don't drive a Hummer". That sums it up.

By posting that link to the article above, I was simply trying to make my fellow gun advocates aware of where it appears the President Elect is headed on the issue. The fact that you call that "blabbing" makes you one seriously adversarial individual. "JMO"

I'm not going to get into the whole Dan Cooper debate, as it's already been beat to death on this board without solving anything, but I would like to share something that happened recently that is "on topic" and seems like more than a coincidence to me.
Anyhooo,,,,,,,,,About a week ago two fellows showed up at my place asking directions. I live up in the woods and the roads are a bit confusing to find your way around on so I didn't think much of it. They were looking for a friend of mine's place and since he's always buying and selling stuff I didn't think much of that either, and pointed them in his direction.
Well about an hour later I got a call from my neighbor. He called me a dirty rat (jokingly I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) for sending the Fed's to his house.
My neighbor does the gun show circut, buying guns from pawn shops and peddeling them at gun shows. The two guys were ATF agents that wanted to question him about the fact that he sells guns without a FFL. Basicaly they told him that if you're "making a living" selling guns, you need a FFL. He told them it was just a hobby and they left without making much of a fuss, saying it was routine to check up on people who buy a large amount of guns per year or that buy several at one time. (He had recently bought five hand guns at one time from a pawn shop.)
The thing that's interesting is that this guy's been doing this for over thirty years and even put on a few gun shows at one time without any questions or problems.
The fact that one of two anual gun shows held locally is going on this weekend seems odd as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
It's no secret that gun show's are very high on the anti's list.
Like I said, "this may be a coincidence" but with the political climate being what it is it still makes me wonder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
I sure hope I'm wrong.........

Last edited:
For several years Illinois has had a registration scheme called a FOID card. Stands for Firearms Owner Identification Card. Has to be renewed every year for something like a ten bucks.

You can bet the house, if it isn't in foreclosure, that Nobama will try to make it nationwide. Many people in Illinois don't realize that it isn't already.

Last edited:
RifleDog..perhap's i did take what you are saying out of context ??

Maybe i've read you wrong ?? if so you certainly have my apology..

As far as Obama being elected it's done..

All we can do is move forward..I for one am going to send whatever i can in the form of contribution's to the NRA..in light of the economy & wondering how long i may be employed myself..{our local economy has people dropping like fly's in regard's to job's}it probably wont be much..i'll do what i can though..

The "net" is full of blabbermouth's..Nobody seemingly does much but talk..That's the point i'm trying to illustrate.

On that note i'm out..

Back