The Fury uses FHSS, why?

Quote:
Makes me wonder if this is the same engenering company that use to make the boards for Minaska.

Lance, you stole the words right out of my mouth. There callers look strikingly similiar to the Minaska line-up also.

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me how people can get all bent out of shape over things like this.

My advice to everyone is to step back, take a breath, and look at the track record. Not just FOXPRO’s but just about every electronic call maker on the planet. Once you have your breathing and blood pressure under control then use your head.

Call me a FOXPRO flag waiver if you like as I will proudly wear the title. John, Mike and Steve Dillon are fine people and outstanding engineers that are tech and design savvy. On top of all that, so is most all the FOXPRO staff.

As to those that believe there is a bias towards FOXPRO…..Well I wonder why that is? Some of you want to believe it is out of some blind loyalty…I however believe it stems from the fact that they have been in business for over a decade and have developed a very loyal customer base by continually providing the best electronic call on the market and backing it up with the best customer service in the industry.

Still yet some of you continue to think there is some kind of conspiracy going on every time someone takes a shot at FOXPRO and loyal customers with firsthand experience come to their defense.

I would wager to bet FOXPRO calls have sold at a ratio of 100 to 1 to its competitors over the last few years so when you come on a forum such as PM and take shots at this company you shouldn’t be surprised if it is appears biased.

Now to the Fury…..I’m ready to see one too, but I have no reservations as to whether it will be an awesome call. Still have your doubts? Look at the long history of FOXPRO.

As to Josh T’s comments…..don’t know him at all but I do question his motives…..Why you might ask? It seems he registered to start this thread…..I agree I’m making assumptions about his motives but hey this ain’t my first Bar BQ. If I’m wrong about you Josh then please accept my apology. You seem like a pretty bright guy and if so you can understand why I would be a little skeptical of your assumptions. I’m also quiet sure that FOXPRO is aware and has researched the issues you brought up way before hand. I’m no cool aid drinker and I’m certainly not here to discredit you. My conclusions are solely based on a long relationship with FOXPRO and the understanding that they know what they are doing coupled with the fact that you used an alias to make your post and I haven’t a clue who you are or where you came from. I do however have my suspicions. Again forgive me if I’m wrong. Until then GO FOXPRO.

Now as to why Mike or someone from FOXPRO hasn’t responded. Can’t speak for them, so I won’t. I will say this though as a proud member of their field staff. This call has not even been sold or released yet. No one has had one single issue with it. When it is ready it will be released. Your patience will pay off. Remember the track record I spoke of. Mike or Steve, I’m sure will reply when they can they always do.

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Belive me Im as unbiased as it comes, I have no connection or preference to any of these companies. I like many believe that no matter who JoshT may have been he has a right to ask a question on a public forum as deserves an answer. This may definately sway my next choice of callers on principal alone.

gdc

I'm in the same boat as both of you. I've searched the Kanati Tek site and am interested in what their sound libaray is? There is a list of specie sounds, but no sounds listed or previews available. The thing that seems strange, is how Kanati Tek doesn't have an actual address on the site and that the name Jeff Lewis comes up for them and the other company in Lincoln with a 60000sf facility just down the road. Bigskyhunter was in the neighborhood, so maybe he passed by this building and knows something about it.

Quote:
Belive me Im as unbiased as it comes, I have no connection or preference to any of these companies. I like many believe that no matter who JoshT may have been he has a right to ask a question on a public forum as deserves an answer. This may definately sway my next choice of callers on principal alone.

gdc

gdc - What I and others are upset about is how this was done. This was done by Mr. Martz under the name of JoshT. It was also stated by Mr. Martz that he was looking for a high quality sound caller so to seem that he was "one" of us. Mr. Martz is with Wildlife Technologies you can see him here http://www.wildlifetech.com/pages/hello.htm so you can see he had a lot to gain by making people wonder about this new Foxpro caller. But I think all he accomplished was to have people like me swear they will never buy his product. What a cowardly way to try to incease your sales.
Again this was a very unethical thing for anyone to do. Just look at the way this company chooses to do business then look at how Foxpro handled themselves through all of this. Then tell me who you would rather buy from.
Character isn't judged when people are looking or when they are expecting you to handle something a certain way. It is judged by doing the right thing.......always. Foxpro is number one for more reasons than just making a fantastic caller.
Way to go Foxpro you took the high road.

Quote:
So, let me get this straight. You've been here all of 10 minutes, you've gone on a self proclaimed rant where you also admit it's alcohol fueled at the same time try to drag down a company who's reputation is second to none. And were supposed to believe you over a company who has demonstrated their knowlege via their products and service for years? Please, keep up flaming and enjoy your stay while it lasts. May want to vist the TOS.

Quote:
As for the individual's motives in registering under a false name and all the rest, that is typical of him and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone

Its kinda hard to register under his real name if its already been banned don't you think????

Bill don't need me to stick up for him but i well say this he does make and sell the best calling unit on the market..
FP does have some nice stuff but i think its too much, more stuff to worry about failing..

Quote:
Quote:
As for the individual's motives in registering under a false name and all the rest, that is typical of him and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone

Its kinda hard to register under his real name if its already been banned don't you think????

Bill don't need me to stick up for him but i well say this he does make and sell the best calling unit on the market..
FP does have some nice stuff but i think its too much, more stuff to worry about failing..

I don't worry about mine failing. And you're right it's nice stuff.
GAJoe

I'm sure he was grinning ear to ear at responces like mine.
Do snakes have ears?
I feel like such a fool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Well you know what they say "fool me once....."
GAJoe

Last edited:
JoshT You bring up some good questions about foxpro. I would also like to know why they have said several times on a release date and never came threw with it. I belive your right and they counted there chickens before they hatched. When minaska was in the moveing process and a lot of people were getting after them about promised times or shipping and so on. But there hasnt been near as much B/S going on with the fox pros unfilled promises. I think minaska foxpro and WT are all very good callers and the best money can buy. I guess what i have a real problem with is people spend there hard earned money on each of these callers. If you tell people something then you better be ready to deliver instead of trying to B/S your way around it.

Deerhunterjj,
I dont think that Fox-pro should be classified with the other manufactures, because they refused to take money from anyone until they released they're product. I think that other people were upset at another manufacture because someone already had already paid for a call that they never received. Others were upset at another manufacture for not getting warranty work completed in a timely mannor(months) and were given the run around about it. Fox-pro has never promised a time ever they gave projected release dates, and never stopped anyone from going and buying another caller if they were so hard up for one.

You are right nextcounty about that. I guess what makes me mad at this point is you hear of the release dates no matter who it is or what company it is and it never happens. I guess in the long run i would rather have it done right or not done at all. Im not trying to piss in any ones wheaties. I hope they get it out soon and it works like a champ.

Quote:
JoshT You bring up some good questions about foxpro. I would also like to know why they have said several times on a release date and never came threw with it. I belive your right and they counted there chickens before they hatched. When minaska was in the moveing process and a lot of people were getting after them about promised times or shipping and so on. But there hasnt been near as much B/S going on with the fox pros unfilled promises. I think minaska foxpro and WT are all very good callers and the best money can buy. I guess what i have a real problem with is people spend there hard earned money on each of these callers. If you tell people something then you better be ready to deliver instead of trying to B/S your way around it.

deerhunterjj,
Time to put up or shutup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Those are strong charges. Find a "unfilled promise" post by Foxpro and show it to us, then I'll eat crow. They have been clear that they didn't make any guarantee on a date. I went back and checked their posts and this is all I can find:"The Fury will not be available until at least October."
GAJoe

Last edited:
No problem there georgiajoe. Watch youtube and type in foxpro fury mike dillon says the fury we just relased. (If you ask me they havent relased chit yet) Then the guy ask him when it will be avaible mike dillon says late september early october. Have you seen a fury yet. I havent Then i think i rember foxpro saying sometime in november. Well they better hurry up because its all most over my friend. Point is people has saved money for awhile because he said at least two dates they would be out. And neither was a real deal. Yea i know crap happens and so on and like i said I dint post to piss you off or anybody else. But if they werent going to be relased until 2009 dont say they will be every month and not come threw. Thats like saying the check is in the mail and we all know how that crap gose. So if relased dose not sum it up you just tell me what relased means.

I like many believe that no matter who JoshT may have been he has a right to ask a question on a public forum as deserves an answer. This may definately sway my next choice of callers on principal alone.

gdc

gdc
You think that an engineer from a competing company deserves to have a question answered on a public forum about an unreleased product.
If he was smart enough to figure it out on his own would he really ask it here!

WOW! is all I can say.

O.K. deerhunterjj,
I went and watched the Youtube. He did say "just released" but when asked when it would be available he said "...should be late September, early October is what we're shooting for..." so in the same clip he corrects the "just released" slip and no promise is made with the "shooting for" qualification. The good news is the FCC red tape is wrapped up and they're shipping next week. I got my order placed today with my # to place on my sound list request. I can't find any November date from Foxpro. When I bought my first Foxpro 532B two weeks later they released the FX3 on the market. I remember I was a little ticked off as were others. We felt they should have hinted that a new product was about to come out. Now they give us plenty of notice and no hard date and folks get bent out of shape! They can't win for loosin'. I guess some of us just don't see things the same way.
I still say no promises made, none broken. I was cranky this am, didn't get a good night's sleep. Shouldn't have made that post this am. Sorry for the bad attitude deerhunterjj. Had a bad end of the day at work also but the news from APC cheered me up. Got ta go pick sounds. Doubt I'll be back.
GAJoe

GeorgiaJoe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I think you had better slow down chill out before you have a heart attack and you wont have a chance to use the Fury. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck hunting with your new Fury... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
GeorgiaJoe I think you had better slow down chill out before you have a heart attack and you wont have a chance to use the Fury.

Man, I sincerely hope he is at the top of the list. He deserves to be anyway......

Back