Pneumonic Plague from Predators

Forget about the plague. Who in [beeep] would kiss a coyote on its mouth after it licks it's own [beeep] and the [beeep] of others coyotes? I'll pass but you have at it Skippy.

The biologist who died in AZ happened a year or so ago. AZG&F came to APC and gave a very informational seminar on infectious diseases carried by predators. Kinda put the fear in hunters. I carry a bottle of hand sanitizer that's 62% ethyl alcohol in my truck. Any time I handle an animal I use it.

bet that yote just licked hiz azz nutz guess it takes all kinds i cant hardly stand to touch the mangy critters much less kiss one bet your one tough ombre

Quote:
Sure. It's a physician's alert card.
Rabies, Hantavirus, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme Disease, Q Fever, Plague, Tularemia, Leptospirosis, Brucellosis, Typhus, Arbovirus, Encephalitis, Spirochaetal, Relapsing Fever, Psitticosis, Anthrax, Coccidioidomycosis, Giardiasis, Ascariasis and Hydatid Diseases.

Cocciddioidomycosis, also known as Valley Fever, is a spore from the dirt in the ground or dust in the air. You could contract it and never have seen an animal. Mostly here in the southwest.

Last edited:
Its rare but certainly possible. Last year my son got sick after coming home from school for the holidays, running traps and shooting coyotes over Christmas. He is a wildlife biology major at school. After he went to the doctor and got a go home and give it a few days I called the doc. After talking with me he called my son back in for a few additional tests. Turned out it was common virus and in a week he was fine. I will print out the cards and see that each of us carry one. He just took a wildlife disease class and what he learned is transmission is certainly possible in many disease types. I always wear gloves and my skinning knife is just used for skinning. I bomb my coyotes for fleas I believe those little *&^%&%%$# scare me more than some other forms of transmission. No matter how careful Im I seem to get flea from skinning at least once or twice each year.

swampratxxx,

the card was issued to us (biologists) since we are outside and deal with animals frequently. It wasn't limiited to animal handling issues. The card attempts to identify all possible threats (dieseases) we may encounter out in the field.

As mentioned, a heads up to any physician by way of the card may be the difference between life and death. Not being overly dramatic here. I'm close friends with survivors of Lyme disease and Rocky mt. spotted fever. Another friend of mine was a collegue of the AZ guy that died.

OK, Jokes over. Time to reveal a couple things only me and mom know (mom took the pic). First thing is I wish I woulda never pulled the trigger cause it was a young pup. Second thing is before the kiss I gave it a wipe down with rubbin alcohol. The Pic was Originally to gross out a lady I know so I took the opportunity to mess with you guys, LOL. OH and I kissed it on the nose, not the mouth.

t/c223encore.

Quote:
No coyote will ever make me sick. I'm so sure of this I fear nothing from them.
KissGoodbye.jpg

t/c223encore.

It been nice knowing you !!

Last edited:
Quote:
OK, Jokes over. Time to reveal a couple things only me and mom know (mom took the pic). First thing is I wish I woulda never pulled the trigger cause it was a young pup. Second thing is before the kiss I gave it a wipe down with rubbin alcohol. The Pic was Originally to gross out a lady I know so I took the opportunity to mess with you guys, LOL. OH and I kissed it on the nose, not the mouth.

t/c223encore.

I have to admit that is a funny pic. Maybe you should send it to PETA, might change their minds about us hunters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This entire post brings another thing to mind that has been driving me nuts for years....I have been on these hunting forums for about 7 or more years and I don't know how many times I've seen pics of coyotes, fox and other critters laying there with the hunters hand/mouth call laying on the body of the critter. Man I would never do that. These critters are not clean by any stretch of the imagination. Why would you put your mouth call on them and then use it later in your mouth. I never could understand that.
The fleas and ticks and other things that fall off these guys are tremendous. Stop doing it guys. Glad I finally got that off my chest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

UtahRob...

Nice knowing me? look at the date on the pic, i'm still here, never got sick.

MTmud...

PETA would probably use it to show hunters are insane, LOL.

By the way, this is the same coyote thats in my avatar.

t/c223encore.

Back