Special Calls

bryanstanley

These two calls were finished early this morning and are the result of some hard work trying to improve on the triple reeds call currently in my arsonal. Everything was completely turned useing my rikon lathe except for the insert that has to be done on a mill. Yep I figured out how to really turn aluminum on my manual lathe without much effort. Can anyone guess how? Anyhow there are several other calls that will be coming out like these two, I plan on making a single reed two piece call with the same mouth piece and a bit smaller too and perhaps an open reed with an aluminum tone board..........this could get fun. If you think this may be something you would like to have on your lanyard give me a shout and we will see what can be done for ya. By the way...........that white stuff is exactly what you think it is SNOW. Been doing that all weekend. Hey Trashcan.........does that cool off the shop for you?

Thanks
Bryan

doubletriple003.jpg

doubletriple005.jpg

doubletriple004.jpg

doubletriple002.jpg

doubletriple001.jpg

Very cool Bryan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
The only issue I can see is the mouth piecemight be a little too cool in the cold temps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I was thinking the same thing Dusty. I guess when its stuck to your lips, you won't loose it.

Those are pretty cool Bryan.

Quote:
Yep I figured out how to really turn aluminum on my manual lathe without much effort. Can anyone guess how?

A Bryan Stanley carbide lathe tool! I use mine for everything I possibly can so I can avoid sharpening my regular lathe tools. I haven't been able to spend nearly as much time turning as I'd like. The time I do get, I make the best of. In that hour that I used to spend sharpening the various tools I can whip out several calls. I've been experimenting with various finishing techniques. Yours look GREAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks for all the great comments I am pretty sure you all will like some of the future calls coming from the shop. Most of what I turn is off the cuff outside the box type things. Just be on the lookout for what comes net.

B

Bryan, the calls are great!!
Now, about the snow...send me a box for my freezer so when it gets below zero there I can refresh my icy cold beverage down here in Texas with pure Michigan snow when the temps are still above 80,(no yellow stuff please. Even though we don't get the stuff down here often, I know not eat the yellow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)
Good job Bryan!!

Trashcan
DCC

Awesome, Son! By the way,

I hope you have a Happy Birthday today. Having a wonderful son like you has made my life special.

Hey Guys, any "shout outs out there for Bryan's Birthday!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Happy Birthday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back