how to build the rs caller?

skinne

can anybody e-mail the info on what i need to build the caller sounds like a cheap way to get started yote hunting any help would be great!

Here is a list courtesy of Critr Getr and what he used. Put any type of player whether it be an mp3, dvr, cd player, or just a tape player into the amp/speaker. And walla you have your caller. A word of advice...Go with a Sony Walkman or with one of equal comparison. If you don't you will/might rob yourself of volume like I did.....James L....

Radio Shack #4202420 cable, 6' long with mono miniplugs both ends (use this to connect the tape player to the mini-amp) / $2.69 + tax

Radio Shack #277-1008 Pocket Speaker/Amplifier, $11.99 + tax

Radio Shack #4202434 Miniplug/Stripped / 6' wire, Miniplug one end and one end with stripped wires (use this to plog into the miniamp output) / $2.49 + tax

Radio Shack #4001440 4"x6" Powerhorn, $19.99 usually, on sale for $14.99 + tax

Just solder the stripped wires to the powerhorn wires, or connect using wire nuts. Insert extra wire between the two as desired.

Total cost, $37.16 + tax (You could save money on a cheaper speaker, but I think this one may be worth the difference. I went to 2 NAPA Auto stores, and could not get the CB speaker. I may order one and try it later.)

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

[This message has been edited by James Lindley (edited 01-26-2002).]

Radio Shack #4202420 cable, 6' long with mono miniplugs both ends (use this to connect the tape player to the mini-amp) / $2.69 + tax

-----------------

The source unit will do better if you use a Stereo plug to Mono plug(s) cable.....

Anyone use RS 4" powerhorn #40-1235 10 watt?
good sound and only $2.97! Just finished it last night, went out and called in a coyote and a red. My 1st e-caller

proud to be NRA

NiteFright

Rob I have found that on some it will matter. I forgot to mention that. I have used two different cassettes and the mono to mono has worked on both of them. On the mp3s, dvrs and some of the other cassettes it will matter as they are stereo. The first one squealed real loud with the stereo cord and My current one is an optimus and it doesn't make a difference if I use the stereo or the mono. Don't know why just the way it is??? Could it be that they aren't true stereo but share a common ground and output? No gen..gineu uuuuhhhhhh not that smart when it comes to electronics. I just have to experiment until it works
biggrin.gif
. The Local Radio Shack people are even dumber than I am so they are no help
wink.gif
...James L.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

Back