.17 Remington damage

smiller

I've been out twice this season and shot at two reds, and missed both. I went to the range with my son to shoot and to see if its me or the gun. It's all me, the gun pictured is my sons .17 HMR. The spot I want to talk about is my .17 remington loaded with a 29gr. H.P.B.T. ordered from the wood chuck den. The bullet almost went through the 1/2 plate of steel of the silohette of our ground hog. The big mark on its head. I can't wait to kill something with it...I hope this picture gets it's my first attempt....

100_1879.JPG

How about this?????

Yes that's better....That little pill did some damage on that 1/2 plate steel. I wish I could show the depth of the hit into it. It almost went through it and we had this ground hog placed out at about 120 yards from the benches.

way cool, I have a couple 17 Rems. I whacked a 200 pound sow at 185 yards with it a few years back, she never moved after proper bullet placement just behind the ear. Have fun. JHG

Smiller, We're not interested in your /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif big smile, but the smile on your son's face getting to spend quality time with dad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back