woohoo... got one

nightwatchman

i have been trying like crazy to find a remmy r 15... thought i had one bought and the guy could not get one for me for nothing... called all over the place.. now today i called all over ohio trying to find a few... i wanted the 18in specifically.. well as luck would have it some had them and they were wanting as much as 1300 for them... go figure..
i even called a pawn shop and they had a used one for 1200.00

i called ohio valley guns in lancaster, ohio and they had quite a few of them.. priced on sale for that matter for 899.00.. so i paid for it on the credit card and im heading that way in just about an hour to pick it up... its about an hour and half from my house so not that bad of a drive..

952.00 out the door.. im tickled to death... im probably going to take a heck of a tongue lashing and butt kicking from the wife but it will be well worth it.. atleast i keep telling myself that..

ill post up a few pics when i get home this evening... cant wait to get it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Too bad it has come to this but hopefully after a while the rush and prices will fall back into place . Nice to get the gun you want instead of having to settle for something other than you wanted. SM

yeah.. i felt like cussing a few of the shops that were gouging the prices like that... it would of acomplished nothing though.. yet it is nice to see shops are not doing it too.. the guy even made mention that the gun was on sale for 899... whether it was or not.. thats not a bad price from what im seeing on here.. some guys are paying alot more then that for them..

i ended up getting the 18 varminter package...which is what i wanted... i had been looking at the carbine cs as well..

Last edited:
Some stores are gouging prices due to supply and increased demand, others want to clear inventory of somthing they will have problems selling or possibly end up stuck with when the bans start. All that is still up in the air since the DEms have not decided on how much of an infringment they are going to put on the Constitution yet

Quote:
yeah.. i felt like cussing a few of the shops that were gouging the prices like that... it would of acomplished nothing though.. yet it is nice to see shops are not doing it too.. the guy even made mention that the gun was on sale for 899... whether it was or not.. thats not a bad price from what im seeing on here.. some guys are paying alot more then that for them..

I don't see how that shop can stay open selling an R15 at $899. That is exactly THE dealer price he has to pay his distributor unless he is a distributor himself.

You got one heck of a deal.

i just got back from the gun shop.... man that was a nice shop.. they had a big shooting range in the back of the store with see thru windows so you could see the guys shooting while you were waiting on guns or looking at them... they had it sitting there waiting on me when i got there.... filled out the ffl papers and 5 minutes later i was ready to go....

howard... i couldnt believe i got it for that price either... a friend of mines grandfather had priced me one cheaper then that and i even got a price from a shop farther north around the canton area for 882 so they are cheaper ones out there...
lancaster was about a 2.5 hour trip for me... 200 miles round trip basically...and that was doing about 15mph over legal..heehee..

heres a pic... i put the holosight on it after i took the pics... cant wait to get off work tomorrow... and hopefully draw first blood with this thing by monday evening... if im lucky..

100_1377.jpg

Last edited:
Back