A pair of California shotgun kitties

Switch

I've been scouting some new areas closer to home and decided to make a stand or two this evening. I hiked in and got set up. I started calling and after about 10-minutes this bobcat comes in and stares me down at about 25-yards. The cat stared at me for a full five minutes before he turned his head and gave me a chance to shoot. A shoulder full of dead coyote and the female cat dropped right there. She was about 17-pounds.

101108twocats5.jpg

Since the next area I was going to try was a ways away, I decided to stay put and keep calling after a short break. So, I tagged the cat, took some pictures and after about 30-minutes, I started calling again. At about 13-minutes, bobcat number two comes straight in looking right at me. I figure she sees me, but she keeps coming. She ducks behind a bush and the Remington 870 comes up again waiting for her. She appears at the other side still coming. My first shot hit it square in the shoulder and knocked it down. It quickly got up and started to head out. The second shot on the run hit it midbody and the third rolled her at 35-yards to the spine. She weighed in at 24-pounds.

101108twocats2.jpg

101108twocats6.jpg

Not bad for one stand and a total of 25-minutes of calling.

Congratulations, those are some nice looking cats.
Have i told you I hate you? Jose does too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wow.. nice write up and great pictures... I WISH I have the same LUCK.. hopefully in one day to have something like that mount in my home.. just beautiful.. NICE JOB

Way to go man that is too awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
If those cats had nine lives they just spent em' all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good job Tim, not often folks double on the same stand with bobcats.

Nice looking cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2 cats from the same stand is awesome! Them are two pretty cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Not only did you taut you taw a puddie tat, you ta two. Great job, and love those photos! Green with envy out here in Montana.

Thanks for the replies guys.

CWeeks, I've been on a two cat stand before. We had two come in last year and dropped them both. And I know a few other hunters that have called in doubles on cats before. I'm not sure it's the norm, but this was my first shotgun double on cats.

Back