Johnny Stewart convert a caller?

Tightline

Looks like they have a new outfit that appears to be identical to their midrange caller, only you add your own tape/cd player. ANyone try this? Anygood? I have built my own e-call with limited success, and it seems everyone recommends the stewart callers. This would seem to be an economical and versatile alternative to buying the whole unit.

Also, is there a benefit to buying a cabelas or stewart complete unit over this one?

Thanks for any info.

Tightline. i have power pro i have a cd player on it it is very clear.i got single sound's on my cd 's. i like them much better than the 4 sound. they keep playing through to the next sound. i like jounny stewart product's. i have a Foxpro coming next week. it's the new camo one.cant wait to get it. good luck hunting RICK

I don't know about your cd player, but here's a thought... I have asony portable that allows me to select a track and repeat play it. Tha should eliminate the play through problem. Thanks for the input.

Tightline
I have a power pro and use a cd player with mine.
I bought JS cd's and make "working copies" so all the sounds I want are on one cd. This way I can start off my stand with some howls and barks pause then switch to the track I want and use the repeat mode. The sound quality is great!
My only complaint is the wire, I am trying to hook up an Azden unit with it but havn't hit on the right hookup to keep quality from suffering. I have some more ideas I'll make a post when I find the perfect setup.

I have a power Pro and have used a cassette and a CD player on it. Both have worked well. I like the CD player better. The power pro is loud and really cranks the volume so you have to be careful when using it so you don't scare every coyote within a 2 mile radius with what sounds like a 300 pound rabbit. Bruce

Tightline,
Hello, I have had the j/s pro since early spring and it has worked great. I also added the azden remote. Great range on the remote. Have used both cd and tape. I couldn't fighure out the mp3 player on my own. I've got a mp3 now that works and will be useing it real soon.
buzzsaw

Back