2 Stands, 3 Shots, 3 Coyotes

tjfish

Well I was feeling lazy this morning since I did not have anyone to head out with, but got on the road before lunch. I wanted to head to a large group of BLM a hour west of me. It was the perfect day to call. Cloudy, cold, and the best part only a 5-10 mph wind. It was really nice not having to fight the 20+ mph wind like normal. At 12:30 I finally arrived.

I started my first stand at 12:45 with jackrabbit. At 12:47 I spotted a yote 250 yrds out coming in. I lost it for a while, but it popped up at 100 an I shot it square in the chest DRT. Nice little female.

I drove down the road farther seeing two other coyotes way out running, a promising sign. I got to another stand site and set up shop.

I started with jack again at 2:03p. Called until 2:20 and was contemplating leaving when I looked to the right and saw 2 dogs coming at 20yrds. When I turned to look they spotted me and took off. I howled and the female stopped at 50yrds DRT. Then I got back on the male who was in an all out blitz for anywhere but there. I ended up drilling him on the run at 200yrds first shot. Probably a lot of luck involved, but I could not have been happier.

Not a bad day to start my season for only making 2 sets and taking 3 shots. Too bad I couldn't have shared it with anyone else. It is really hard to get good pictures of yourself without help.

Tim

Congrats on the dogs! Some nice views in your pics. That's the kind of snow I like to see - way off in the distance in the mountains.

i tried to do that kinda shot (photo of the double draped over it)
on a prickly pear
i'll look for some sagebrush next time
(fat chance)
nice photos and great going

guero

Good shooting,and some good looking coyotes. That country looks like what we hunt on here. Been so rainy and foggy for the last weeek or so I haven't gone out. Hopefully tomorrow

familiarize yourself with the timer option on your camera. This shot and my sig line were both taken by me.
IMG_1458.jpg

Nice hunt! I bet that running shot felt good. I've got them trotting on their way out of town between 200-350yds but never any that were wide open.

Ryan

Great shooting and very nice pictures. You set the pics up well. A 200 yard running coyote is really nice. I'd be telling everyone I knew about that one.

Believe me I have already told everyone I go hunting with. I'm glad I finally hit one considering all of the lead I have flung at running yotes.

Back