Hey, teachers! Leave them kids alone!

Javafour

This is one of the cruelest, tax paid, government workers I've seen in some time. The little girl the teacher is abusing is a soldier's daughter.

In addition to being fired this woman deserves to be horse whipped.

Again, this is why so many of us go private or homeschool. These public education liberals are OUT of control!

She's just getting them ready for their future college professor's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The look on the little girls face was complete helplessness...

I would have hated to be that little girl. The look on her face said it all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif The teacher should be stripped of her teaching licences and never be alouded to teach again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

...All the schools need is more money... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That school is very lucky I'm not her dad.

I'm waiting for Dawg and Savage to weigh in on this one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Swedish subtitle, i remember seeing that clip on tv over here and thoguht if that were my daughter i would charge the teacher for bully.....

It´s sad to see how far they can go to influence on kids in young age, total disrespect of the kid and her family....

///Fredrik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Let's not get carried away here. This is not typical.

Your average teacher, especially in elementary school, cares about their student's well being.

If this teacher were in an American public school, they would brought before a state judiciary board and probably would loose their state teaching certificate.

Quote:
Let's not get carried away here. This is not typical.

Your average teacher, especially in elementary school, cares about their student's well being.

If this teacher were in an American public school, they would brought before a state judiciary board and probably would loose their state teaching certificate.

No, um, this teacher IS in an American public school, she teaches in North Carolina!

The NEA, the Teacher's Union, are massive Obama supporters and they indoctrinate kids in the classroom--this is well documented.

It happened to be a Finn news crew who caught the woman in the act. This happens ALL the time by unionist teachers.

This poor little girl's dad is an american soldier and look how this Leftist government worker made her feel--look at her face.

Sadly this is both common and nothing new.

The teacher's union has got to go!

Michelle Malkin weighs in:

"Child abuser: Obama-supporting teacher bullies soldier’s daughter

By Michelle Malkin • November 6, 2008 04:28 PM

This is ghastly. If you are a parent with elementary schoolchildren, you will hit the roof. A teacher in Cumberland County, N.C. near Fort Bragg (NOTE: she is no longer in Asheville) was caught on tape by Finnish documentarians making a film about Barack Obama’s supporters. The teacher, Diantha Harris, uses the classroom as a propaganda vehicle to shove her politics down the children’s throats.

Watch her bully a little girl who dares to answer “McCain” when asked whom she supports for president. The child is the daughter of a soldier. Watch the teacher mock the girl and her father (”So that mean yo’ daddy could stay in Iraq for another hundred years!”). Watch the little girl’s eyes well up in tears. Is this the kind of education reform Barack Obama advocates?

This is child abuse plain and simple. The “educator” should be disciplined, fired, forced to apologize publicly, and banned from the classroom.

Partial transcript:

Harris:We want to talk about the presidential election. I want to ask you, who are you pulling for? Raise your hand.

Student: Obama.

Harris: You pullin for Obama. Who you pullin for?

Harris:Any of you pullin for John McCain? That’s fine, say him as well.

[Cathy, the daughter of an American soldier answers McCain.]

Harris:John, oh lord, John McCain.

Oh Jesus, John McCain.

Ok, now I wanna axe you somethin.

Why are you pullin for John McCain? It’s ok, but why are you pullin for John McCain?

Cathy: I thinks it’s because my parents are going for him too.

Harris: Ok, your parents are going for him. Why are you pullin for Ba-RACK. Barack.

Student: I just want a black president sometimes.

Ok, you want a black president.

Student: The reason why I want Barack Obama is because he’s making good changes in the good country and stuff like that.

Harris: So, he’s making good changes for our country. Now can you tell me just a little bit more, like what type of changes?

Like not having big fights between Iraq and having soldiers killed.

So in other words, Barack is going to end that war in Iraq. What do you all know about that war in Iraq?

[Harris addresses Kathy] Talk, cause yo daddy in the military. Talk. It’s a senseless war! And by the way, Cathy, the person that you’re picking for president said that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to!

[Camera pans to Cathy, in near tears.]

Harris: So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years!"

Quote:
No, um, this teacher IS in an American public school, .......they indoctrinate kids in the classroom--this is well documented.

This happens ALL the time by unionist teachers.

This poor little girl's dad is an american soldier and look how this Leftist government worker made her feel--look at her face.

What do you do for a profession? Are you a public school teacher?

I seriously doubt it because some of the rhetoric you incorrectly spouted off is 100% false. If you would like me to explain to you where some of what you is so far of base its comical, let me know.

Also from Malkin, more fun in the public schools under the Teacher's Union's thugs...

An 11-year-old in Aurora says his first amendment rights are being trampled after he was suspended for wearing a homemade shirt that reads “Obama is a terrorist’s best friend.”

The fifth grader at Aurora Frontier K-8 School wore it on a day when students were asked to wear red, white and blue to show their patriotism.

The boy’s father Dann Dalton describes himself as a “proud conservative” who has taken part in some controversial anti-abortion protests. Dalton says the school made a major mistake by suspending his son for wearing the shirt.

“It’s the public school system,” Dalton says. “Let’s be honest, it’s full of liberal loons.”

…Aurora Public Schools would not talk about the case but said the district “Respects a student’s right to free speech, such as the right to wear specific clothing,” but administrators say they review any situation that interrupts the learning environment.

Paperwork submitted by the school district says Daxx Dalton was not suspended for wearing the shirt, but for willful disobedience and defiance.

Anybody see a pattern here yet?

Quote:
Quote:
No, um, this teacher IS in an American public school, .......they indoctrinate kids in the classroom--this is well documented.

This happens ALL the time by unionist teachers.

What do you do for a profession? Are you a public school teacher?

I seriously doubt it because some of the rhetoric you incorrectly spouted off is 100% false. If you would like me to explain to you where some of what you is so far of base its comical, let me know.

What's false, this didn't happen? The little girl is imaginary? What we are watching happen to her didn't occur? Trick photography?

What's false, exactly?

Would you like more?

OK, happy to oblige. Here is a heartwarming story--already posted in here a few weeks ago--of how a public school in CA sent kids on a field trip: To a lesbian 'wedding!' Did you know the teachers union donated $1 million of its members dues to fight Prop 8, the CA gay marriage ban? Were you aware of that fact?

In the same week that the No on 8 campaign launched an ad that labeled as “lies” claims that same-sex marriage would be taught in schools to young children, a first grade class took a school-sponsored trip to a gay wedding. Eighteen first graders traveled to San Francisco City Hall Friday for the wedding of their teacher and her lesbian partner, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. The school sponsored the trip for the students, ages 5 and 6, taking them away from their studies for the same-sex wedding. According to the Yes on 8 campaign, the public school field trip demonstrates that the California Supreme Court’s decision to legalize same-sex marriage has real consequences.

“Taking children out of school for a same-sex wedding is not customary education. This is promoting same-sex marriage and indoctrinating young kids,” said Yes on 8—ProtectMarriage.com Campaign Co-Manager Frank Schubert. “I doubt the school has ever taken kids on a field trip to a traditional wedding,” Schubert said.

When asked by the Yes on 8 campaign, The San Francisco Chronicle reporter said she did not know if the school had ever sponsored a field trip for students to a traditional wedding. Telling the Chronicle that the field trip was “a teachable moment,” the school’s principal believes it is perfectly appropriate for first graders to attend a same-sex wedding. Officials in other school districts disagree.

“Prop. 8 protects our children from being taught in public schools that ’same-sex marriage’ is the same as traditional marriage,” said Santa Ana Unified School District board member Rosemarie “Rosie” Avila. “We should not accept a court decision that results in public schools teaching our kids that gay marriage is okay. That is an issue for parents to discuss with their children according to their own values and beliefs. It shouldn’t be forced on us against our will,” Avila added.

The lesbian teacher’s wedding was officiated by San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. Newsom is featured in a Yes on 8 television ad, released last week, in which he arrogantly declares of same-sex marriage: “The door’s wide open now. It’s gonna happen, whether you like it or not.”

The Yes on 8 campaign’s ads explain that if the voters do not overturn the California Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage ruling, teachers will be required to teach young children that there is no difference between gay marriage and traditional marriage. “It’s totally unreasonable that a first grade field trip would be to a same-sex wedding,” said Chip White, Press Secretary for Yes on 8. “This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to understand it.” The field trip underscores the Yes on 8 campaign’s message that unless Prop. 8 passes, children will be taught about same-sex marriage in public schools. “Not only can it happen, it has already happened,” White said.

Want to cut through my 'rhetoric' and see in that union's own words what it stands for? Here, try this on for size, it is from their OWN website and this shocking list of horrors cites the teachers' uber-Liberal positions on issues--most of which have NOTHING to do with education like, for example, gay 'marriage.' if you don't like my 'rhetoric' just read theri own words:

http://www.nea.org/handbook/images/resolutions.pdf

I thought this was a great use of "education" tax dollars, too:

October 13, 2008
Racine schools hand out textbook with 15 page Obama love-fest...

This comes from the mother of a Racine Unified School District 8th grader. She has asked to keep her name out of this but frankly I can't add much to what she has said here but I do have one question. Did the teacher give equal time and a fair discussion about John McCain and his "life of service"? I think I already know the answer to that question. This is not education folks, this is indoctrination.

My 8th grade son is in an advanced English class at a public middle school here in Racine, Wisconsin. I just found out that my son's new (copyright 2008) Wisconsin - McDougal Littell Literature book has 15 pages covering Barack Obama.

I was shocked - No John McCain, no Hillary Clinton, no George Bush - Just Barack Obama. I'm wondering how it is that Obama's story gets put into an 8th grade literature book? It would be one thing, if it was just the tidbit about his boyhood days, but 15 pages, and they talk about his "Life of Service". Honestly, what has Obama really done to be included in this book? Not only that, but on page 847 there is a photo of Obama at the 2004 Democratic Convention with at least 8 Obama signs in the background! Front & center is an www.obama2004.com sign.

Now I understand that many teachers are liberals, but does the school have the right to shove Obama down our kid's throats? All the kids grouped together and read the story. After that, they discussed it... I guess it appears that Obama is planning ahead. If he doesn't get his coveted Presidency, Obama is going to make sure, that the younger generations know all about him, and his "life of service".

If you would like to see the 15 page story on Obama, it appears that you can order this book online. There is a note in the book that says, For more on Barack Obama, visit the Literature Center at www.ClassZone.com The book is: Wisconsin - 8th grade - McDougal Littell Literature - copyright 2008. The Obama story starts on page 830. I hope you will take the time to look at this book. I'm really angry about this - In fact, I would love to rip the pages right out of this book.

By the way, you might find this interesting: I did a little checking on McDougal Littell, and it appears that MCDOUGAL, ALFRED L CHICAGO , IL 60611 - N/A/RETIRED has been making contributions to Barack Obama's campaign!

I found that information on this website.

http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_detail.php?st=IL&last=MCDOUGAL&first=ALFRED

Now I'm not an expert at these things (just a PTA mom), but It looks to me like Alfred McDougal is connected to McDougal Littell the same company that publishes the 8th grade textbook that has 15 pages on Obama. Like I said, I'm not an expert, but I'm sure you have someone who can delve into the dirty little details.

I guess my question is: Is it ethical for an Obama supporter to publish an educational book which has a 15 page Barrack Obama story in it? If the tax payers are paying for these books, why is it okay for McDougal Littell to promote Obama? This really bothers me. I would have no problem with it, if Obama had actually done something important. Why is Obama being put up on a pedestal, before he actually wins the pedestal? All I can say, is we can thank the liberal media, and now the liberal book publishers. Thanks to them, I'm sure there are probably thousands of these books all across the United States.

http://realdebatewisconsin.blogspot.com/2008/10/racine-schools-hand-out-textbook-with.html

I do not disagree with everything you said initially, just a portion of it. The manner in which you posted information on this subject reminds me of a bull elephant in a china shop. Think objectively about what you are saying before posting stereotypical blabberings about teachers. I think that it is novel you have an opinion and voice it on the subject but I just ask that the generalizations you make concerning the profession are correct. Generalizations on subject matter are typically found to be incorrect.

Also let me preface this by say my life embodies conservative principles to an extreme. I have voted Republican since turning 18 in 1986. I have a BS from ASU and a Masters from NAU in Elementary Education. I have taught at the elementary school and college level. I have had literally several hundred students under my instruction. I have the more than credit equivalent to a have earned a doctorate degree if I had chose that route. I am a lifetime NRA member. I am on the board at my local Predator Hunting Club which boasts a membership of several hundred in total. I am involved in community service at many levels, after-school community programs, church groups, and I run a Venture boy scouts troop. I don't say this to be a braggart but to show you I understand the profession of education. Help me out here. Beyond you reading a few tainted articles on public education and speaking on the corner with some friends, how is it you know so much about this profession?

Quote:
Anybody see a pattern here yet?

Patterns are taught in kindergarten and 1st grade. Nobody can see much of a pattern based on 2 news articles (when I wrote this). A pattern needs to repeat itself consistently for more of a time period than twice. Also if you are going to try to pull informative articles to make the point that teachers unions some how force teachers to teach terrible liberal concepts to students, at least pull from unbiased sources. Your ultra-conservative source base is an outlier in relation to all the material you could be getting.

There are a few things about our teachers union I disagree with, but many things I can not live without. I have been a member of Arizona's Educational Association (AEA) for my entire teaching career as are many staunch Republicans.

-Who goes to the bartering table to fight for simplistic cost of living wages if the AEA didn't? Nobody.

-Who insures I am treated fairly by state and district administrators and parents? AEA

- Even though Arizona is a right to work state, who supports me when I feel I must make a stand and strike? AEA

-Who sends a free legal representative, at my request, to any meeting I feel I might be targeted?

-If a student ever falsely accused me of doing something inappropriate and I was taken to court, do you honestly think, with my salary, I could represent myself and attempt to clear my name? AEA provides me with free legal council in the event I ever need representation.

The AEA and NAE are very liberal in nature I agree. They are a union and do not directly dictate what is taught in my classrooms. Sure they supported Pres. Obama along with various organizations a conservative individual would look twice at BUT they sure in [beeep] can not and do not influence any of my moral and ethical decisions in or our of the classroom.

To label all public educators as liberal Obama union supporters is silly. In my school district, I think AEA membership is between 20% and 30%. A far cry from a majority. Male teachers membership in the same district is like 85%. Hmmmm.. wonder why. But let's not dwell on the good of something. It's obvious you are oblivious to that angle of things.

To say that public school teachers in general do not care about the students under their care is nothing short of IGNORANT. School teachers spend more time with your child than YOU DO each day. I am around teachers day in and day out. I know what is happening at a grassroots level. It appears to me you know little.

FYI- It is against state teaching policies in AZ to openly endorse a candidate or proposition. All teachers in my district got a memo regarding it this election season. We're not allowed to even wear a button with the name of a political candidate. The teacher in your article would be suspended without pay pending her state judicial hearing.

Believe me I would love to indoctrinate all my students to think exactly as I do. I would build a conservative army but I understand I am here to present unbiased information and allow the students to make their own decisions.

That is how 99% of classrooms are run in America.

I find your post disingenuous and even deceptive.

For example, you can attack my sources all you want to, but you cannot deny the facts: Your union gave $1 million dollars to promote gay marriage; the field trip I posted DID happen; this little girl WAS abused by one of your colleagues; a kid was suspened for wearing an anti-Obama shirt; the pro-Obama textbook IS being used, etc., etc. According to its own website (already cited) your union supports every liberal cause one can think of, including gun control and illegal immigration, abortion...the whole moonbat ball of wax.

Why on earth would a union like yours spend $1 million of its members money on promoting gay 'marriage'? And if there are so many conservative teachers then where is the uprising? Where is the outrage from within? Where is the open rebellion?

I posted evidence from the web page of your own union. Not and 'ultra-Conservative' source, lol! Just curious, why didn't you address that fact? Yet you say there are only "a few things" you disagree with your union about? Odd, in light of all the horrible things it supports.

Based on stuff like this one can see why confidence in the public schools is so low and people like me home school or send their kids to private schools.

This kind of nonsense was going on when I was in public schools back in the 1970s-82. It isn't anything new nor is it isolated. It is just getting a lot worse.

Anyway, if you are a proud teacher's unionist, then God bless ya, but you cannot have a radical organization like that with its members around people's kids and think it is going to last for long or that parents aren't going to wise up and get mad. One gets to be know by the company one keeps.

In the meantime I urge people who are upset about what happened in NC to complain about the witch who abused this poor little girl:

Diantha Harris teaches 5th Grade at:

Mary McArthur A+ Elementary School, 3809 Village Drive, Fayetteville, NC, 28304

http://www.mmes.ccs.k12.nc.us

Principal Lola Williams:

LolaW@ccs.k12.nc.us

910-424-2206

Harris’ contact page:

http://www.mmes.ccs.k12.nc.us/email/diathaharris.htm

Cumberland Schools Website

Board of Elections

301 E. Russell Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301
Phone: 910-678-7733 · Fax: 910-678-7738
Director: Terri Robertson

Board of Election Supervisors:

lll@nc.rr.com
KimberlyPFisher@aol.com
GregWest@nc.rr.com
MacWilliams@nc.rr.com
hfarrior@nc.rr.com
DLaHuffman@nc.rr.com
fkbarragan@nc.rr.com
Royalme@nc.rr.com
MackyH@nc.rr.com

Virginia Teachers Union Sparks Outrage With 'Obama Blue Day'
Virginia Republicans are in uproar over state teachers union's effort to get educators to show their support for Barack Obama during school hours.

FOXNews.com

Thursday, October 02, 2008

NEW YORK--
Virginia Republicans are in an uproar after the state teacher's union sent an e-mail to its members encouraging them to wear blue-colored shirts to school to show their support for Barack Obama.

State Republicans are calling it an undisguised attempt to influence students' political views.

The Virginia Education Association sponsored "Obama Blue Day" on Tuesday. In an e-mail sent last week, it urged teachers to participate by dressing in blue.

"There are people out there not yet registered. You teach some of them," the Sept. 25 e-mail reads. "Others, including our members, remain on the fence! Its time for us to come together, voice our unity, because we make a difference!"

"Let's make Obama Blue Day a day of Action!" the e-mail continues. "Barack the vote!"

In a statement released to FOXNews.com Thursday, VEA President Kitty Boitnott defended the e-mail, saying that it called for teachers to wear blue shirts, but not ones that mentioned a candidate.

The invitation was not intended to "encourage teachers to use their classrooms for partisan political purposes," Boitnott said.

"The e-mail did not encourage teachers to talk with students about voting for any specific candidate, although it did suggest that teachers can encourage eligible students to register to vote. There certainly is nothing wrong with encouraging students who are 18 years of age or older to register to vote."

But many state Republicans are miffed by the plan, which they characterize as an obvious attempt by the teachers union to encourage young, impressionable voters to cast their ballots for Obama.

"It's a breach of public trust on many levels," Virginia Republican Party Communications Director Gerry Scimeca told FOXNews.com.

Scimeca, who described the VEA as a "very political organization," said the school environment is "a completely inappropriate place for teachers or education staff to be politicking on behalf of any candidate. Parents send their kids to school to get a bipartisan education."

The controversy surrounding the VEA's "Obama Blue Day" is not the only clash between partisan politics and education this election season.

The teachers union in New York has also come under fire for distributing thousands of Obama campaign buttons to its members, prompting a backlash from education officials and parents.

"Schools are not a place for politics and not a place for staff to wear political buttons," New York Department of Education spokeswoman Ann Forte told FOXNews.com.

"We don't want a school or school staff advocating for any political position or candidate to students and we don't want students feeling intimidated because they might hold a different belief or support a different candidate than their teachers," she said.

Hyperwrx, I am sure you and I would get along very well, but even with your long list of credentials, what good is all of the above if you dont have common sense to apply it? I have met alot of "educated" folks over the years that was dumber than a box of rocks! Go to your local college town and watch the dumb students cross a road without even looking! Now let it be known if I ever find out that we got a public teacher in my kids school that done anything remotely close to that above, that teacher will be the one cowaring in the corner!

Quote:
Hyperwrx, I am sure you and I would get along very well, but even with your long list of credentials, what good is all of the above if you dont have common sense to apply it? I have met alot of "educated" folks over the years that was dumber than a box of rocks! Go to your local college town and watch the dumb students cross a road without even looking! Now let it be known if I ever find out that we got a public teacher in my kids school that done anything remotely close to that above, that teacher will be the one cowaring in the corner!

Rest assured I am not as "dumb as a box of rocks".

Do not think for one minute that I condone the actions of a teacher who chooses to break their state mandates on teaching. If they are allowed to promote one candidate over another in the classroom without breaking their state and school district policy and a parent allows their son or daughter to be in that classroom while that is happening then who am I to ridicule that teacher.

I find it very suspect that there are very many public schools in the United States that legally endorse any candidate. You might find a few articles of a teacher here or there that goes out on a limb and makes the mistake of endorsing a candidate in the classroom but it is nowhere near a common occurrence.

I have taught US government to 5th graders for over 10 years. Our state mandated curriculum does not endorse any political party or political candidate and strictly prohibits us from impressing on influential students our opinions. My students ask me who I voted for and even after the election I do not tell them.

This is one of the sad realities about the internet ... the worse case scenerios are taped, posted on u-tube, and then misinterpreted to be an "everyday" occurance instead of an isolated incident! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IMO public schools are still alot better than home schooling where children fail to learn critical socialization skills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

A little conflict with your teacher is probably a good thing anyway ... it will toughen up a youngster! How many older (40+) guys here never got the strap, got punished, or were forced to stay in after school. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Were you scarred for life or did you get over it like 99.999% of everone else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back