shooting bench plans

DennisP

I want to put a permanent shoot
ing bench where I shoot at. I've been using a plastic table and a folding chair. Its ok bt too low and I hate having to pack everything up every time I want to go shoot. It would be kinda nice if it just stayed there. It will have log legs and a 2x6 top. I need to know what a good height to make it so you to have to bend over so far to the rifle.

Can you experiment with the plastic table using 4x4's or something to alter the height to make it perfect for your height?

That's probably not a bad idea. I was thinking I have an old office chair with about a 1" adjustment screw for the height. I thought I could use that for the seat adjustment so anyone who uses it can adjust it for them.

When I made my shooting bench it was too low as well. I solved this problem in two ways: I added a few inches in height by slipping PVC pipe over the ends of the table legs and when I found the right height that I wanted, I glued them in place. I slipped PVC caps over the ends to keep dirt out.

For a stool I used a small swivel stool that is adjustable for height via the hydraulic telescopic shaft. These are available at Pep Boys and other stores for around $20 or so. They have a nice tray too to put your water bottle, extra ammo, range finder, etc.

Hope this helps!

Back