Tweety works in Iraq

coyote bait

I had tower duty the other night on Camp Victory on the outskirts of Baghdad, and so I took my tweety call with me. I have seen coyotes and fox around and I have heard that there are also Hyenna and jackal about. I howled a couple of times with it and then I did a little distress with it. After the second short series, a fox showed up in front of the tower. I took it's picture with a disposable camera. After the flash, it would take off and I would blow on Tweety and it would stop. I took another picture and blew some more. Then another fox showed up. I got a picture of both of them together. I kept messing around with them for awhile and they finally got tired of me and wandered off and a 3rd one showed up and started yipping a little at me. I can't wait to get back to the states and get my pictures developed. Now I guess that it can be said that Tweety even speaks Iraqi.

Great story glad to hear you can do a little hunting (with a camera on four legged animals) over there.
My son got the papers yesterday to join the Marines and started filling them out but he's been having a hard time deciding. His buddy is back in San Diego from his third time in Iraq. He's headed back in a few months.

I was at the airport there last year for a few months. Is those little deer still running around there? Forget what they were called but sometimes they would be all over the place. I saw some mink or weasel over there a few times. I'll probably be back over there before to long, maybe I should bring my calls. See ya

Camp Victory used to be Sadam's hunting and fishing resort. People have seen Gazelle, a black panther, lions, jackals, hyenna, and a tiger just to name a few. One guy told me that he saw a 2 foot crocodile sunning itself one day. Some of the guys have caught some weird looking fish too.

Originally posted by ravhunter:
[qb] You are a true hunter! Now if they could only invent a terrorist call, that's a hunt that I'd love to do! [/qb]
They do.. it goes "Innocent, non-muslim, infadel, capitalist pig-dog here.."

Brings em in by the droves. I hear it's the only call endorsed by the Navy SEALS.

Coyotebait. First I want to thank you for your service. THANK YOU!!!! Second I want to thank you for the story. That is great! Please be safe and look foreward to seeing your photos when you get home.
Randy

Coyote bait,
Im lookin forward to seeing your pics when you get back, so get back soon an get back safe...
Thank you for doing what you do best (serving our country)

Back