Say NO to that new COOPER you dreamed of...

Cooper or any company that openly supports an Obamanation
is dead meat in my book...no business for them whatsoever..
this is as bad as Jim Zumbo's a-hole comments....q bunch
of pendejos for certain...

I can't believe that any firearms maker would support Obama in any way, shape, form, for any reason. It saddens me that an American success story of small business has made such a silly mistake and then gets it posted on the USA today. Politics baffle me. I'm sad to say that cooper is off my list too. Darn sad. All gun owners and makers have to stand together on the second amendment no matter what the personal opinions are regarding semi-auto, mag capacity, etc. If we can't put those differences aside and stay unified behind the second amendment we will ALL BE GIVING UP OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

Last edited:
e-mail sent to Cooper. You would think they would have also remembered Obama's no vote concerning the Protection of Firearms Manufacturers in Trade bill.

Coyote 6974

Well, maybe with the economy the way it is, In Obamas Plan, maybe all the Gun manufacturers have to pool their Money, and share the wealth? Maybe he's relying on Remington, Savage Ruger to make up the Difference? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Way to go guys!

Interesting developments! Any of you Montana guys feel the aftershock of the crapstorm that must have landed in and around Stevensville today??

After reading that carefully crafted statement, I have even less respect for the man now knowing he is a fence sitter!

At this point in my life, I am tired of sitting on the sidelines--these people have to be hit where it hurts--their bank account!

A wise man once told me 'You are free to make any choice you want, but you are never free of the choices you make!'

I hope Mr. Dan Cooper understands this!

Carry on boys!

Tim

Before everybody gets knotted up to badly this is from the Cooper website:

"Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.

Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign.

There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it."

Keep in mind that politics makes strange bedfellows and always has.

Check the FEC's website to verify if he is telling the truth.

http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/advindsea.shtml

Contributions to Political Committees

COOPER, DANIEL
STEVENSVILLE, MT 59870

MORRISON, JOHN
VIA MORRISON FOR MONTANA INC
06/30/2006 -2100.00 26020513361

COOPER, DANIEL
STEVENSVILLE, MT 59870
COOPER ARMS/OWNER

MORRISON, JOHN
VIA MORRISON FOR MONTANA INC
03/16/2006 2100.00 26020520771
03/16/2006 2100.00 26020520772

COOPER, DANIEL LYDDELL
STEVENSVILLE, MT 59870
CFI-MONTANA

OBAMA, BARACK
VIA OBAMA FOR ILLINOIS INC
08/16/2004 1000.00 24020791814

Total Contributions: 3100.00

If you go to

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/campaign-finance/search-contributions.html and search on Daniel Cooper you will find this.

COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $200 Barack Obama
13 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $-200 Barack Obama
14 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $200 Barack Obama
15 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $50 Barack Obama
16 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $1,000 Barack Obama
17 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $-900 Barack Obama
18 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $900 Barack Obama
19 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $60.6 Barack Obama
20 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $-60.6 Barack Obama
21 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $60.6 Barack Obama
22 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $32.59 Barack Obama
23 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $-32.59 Barack Obama
24 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $32.59 Barack Obama
25 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $50 Barack Obama
26 COOPER, DAN Stevensville MT 59870 COOPER ARMS $2,100 Barack Obama

If you go here http://www.opensecrets.org/ and check on Daniel or Dan Cooper, zip code 59870 you get this

11 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $200 Barack Obama
12 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $-200 Barack Obama
13 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $200 Barack Obama
14 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $50 Barack Obama
15 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $1,000 Barack Obama
16 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $-900 Barack Obama
17 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $900 Barack Obama
18 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $60.6 Barack Obama
19 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $-60.6 Barack Obama
20 Cooper, Dan Stevensville MT 59870 Cooper Arms $60.6 Barack Obama

Hello zumbo the 2nd.

Unbelievable!!!! I'm still in shock. I don't know what else to say. Here is the email I just sent him.

Mr. Cooper,
I’ve never been a big fan of custom guns anyway but after I saw that article in USA Today, you sir are a traitor to your fellow gun owners and sportsman. I would never consider buying any product you make.
I feel sorry for any employees that work for you because you just bit the hand that feeds them. I think you will feel the financial decline in your company and in turn your employees will feel it because you will have to start laying them off. That is all I have to say about that.
Peter J. Chimienti Harrisburg, Pa. Ret. Pa. State Trooper and gun owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

edit...The NRA should send him a letter and ask him to send in his card.

Last edited:
Quote:
Before everybody gets knotted up to badly this is from the Cooper website:

"Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.

Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign.

There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it."

Keep in mind that politics makes strange bedfellows and always has.

You must have skipped reading parts of this thread: I already posted that Cooper statement and I documented its falsity. I posted the public record of Cooper's NUMEROUS Obama donations over a period of MONTHS. There is plenty to get "knotted up" over...

Nice work MI VHNTR, so much for "a" donation, eh?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

BTW, that guy Morrison the MT st auditor Cooper donated to is also a Democrat!!!

edit...The NRA should send him a letter and ask him to send in his card.

I think thats a great idea, we should starta email campaign to the NRA.

https://secure.nraila.org/Contact.aspx

Thats a email address to the NRA political activity area. I'm going to see what I can stir up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is another email contact
ila-contact@nrahq.org

I got mine sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Cooper will be ot of business with in four years if the obamanation gets in the white house, the libs are not going to stop with semi autos, Cooper makes "sniper rifles" hasn't anyone been paying attention to the Brady Bunch and the crap they spew? Once the libs get enough power we the people will be religated to highly regulated muzzel loading flint locks if that.

Quote:
Or how about AHSA:

http://www.huntersandshooters.org/about/obamaendorsement

http://www.huntersandshooters.org/taxonomy/term/119

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I'm sure you realize this, Claimbuster, but these clowns are a shill group. Their board all have previous ties to the Brady Bunch and Handgun, Inc. They are a total con job, designed to influence uneducated, ill-informed gun owners.

They are a pseudo-gun owners group actually designed to promote gun control.

Since they oppose gun ownership they, quite naturally, support Obama since he is the anti-gun candidate.

Can someone do some research and post all or most of the stores or businesses that sell Cooper firearms/products. Lets hit him where it counts again. We can email those stores etc. and tell them if they continue to sell his products we will not buy ANYTHING else they sell. Talk about pressure. That will leave a mark. Also post those stores email or address or however we can contact them.
What do ya all think of that one???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Or how about AHSA:

http://www.huntersandshooters.org/about/obamaendorsement

http://www.huntersandshooters.org/taxonomy/term/119

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I'm sure you realize this, Claimbuster, but these clowns are a shill group. Their board all have previous ties to the Brady Bunch and Handgun, Inc. They are a total con job, designed to influence uneducated, ill-informed gun owners.

They are a pseudo-gun owners group actually designed to promote gun control.

Since they oppose gun ownership they, quite naturally, support Obama since he is the anti-gun candidate.

Actually, I didn't know that. Maybe that's a shame-on-me. However, thanks for the info.

Looks like we have to look over our shoulders everywhere.

Back