.300 Weatherby vs .300 Ultra Mag

Quote:
A friend of mine is ready to sell his rifle in .300 Weatherby. I think I'll be able to get it for under four hundred.

Weatherby has advertised the Vanguard for $399 brand new in the box. If this is a MarkV then under $400 would be a good buy if the gun is in fair to good shape.

I shoot two Weatherbys and as others have stated the Norma/Weatherby brass is soft. Ballistic are very good and both rifles accurate. Remington produces brass for the 300 Wby. and loaded ammo for the 300 Wby.

My preference is the 300 RUM. No belt and a popular cartridge with excellent performance. I wouldn't shy away from any of the 300s if I found a good deal.

I HAVE THE 300UM THAT MY GUNSMITH TEJAS,IT PUSHES THE SHOULDER FORWARD LIKE A WEATHERBY,I CAN NOW SHOOT ANOUTHER 200FPS FASTER THAN A REGULAR 300 UM. SHOT A 8 IN.GROUPAT A 1000YDS.IT WAS BREEZY AND THERE WAS MARIAGE SO I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO BETTER.THE GUN IS A REM.SENDERO

I sold my .340 Weatherby because if i really needed that to kill a deer then I need help. Why punish yourself if you don't have to. Alot of my friends have 300 RUM's and 7mm RUM's and all of them have since started using smaller calibers. Alot of the big bore shooters do it just because their buddies do, I did it and was the first to sell mine!

I'm getting 3380fps as well with my 300RUM and my 180gr Scirroco reloads but I have now settled on 200gr A-Frames @ 3200fps for my everything load.

Back