hunting land lease form

DANNYCROSS352

anyone know where i can print out a simple hunting lease form for myself and landowners that i hunt their land
basicly just showing i have permimission to hunt the land and that i am liable if anything happens to myself on their land

Here in Virginia when a landowner gives you permission to hunt and doesn't charge anything then he isn't liable if you get hurt, unless you fall into a well he knew about or something of that nature.

You might check with your State Dept of F & W. I've seen several states that print up "booklets" that have forms in them that you fill in the blank. Owner signs that he/she is giving you permission to hunt their lands, etc... This keeps them all together for your convenience to carry in your vehicle or pocket when you go hunting/fishing. If I find one floating around the house I'll scan it and post it for you.

Here is the one I PM'ed you about. I have it saved in a Word document and didn't think of posting it like this until about now. Of course you will need to replace the state name and gun it by your attorney and make sure it works in your state.

A common objection by landowners is that the form is not valid because they do not sign it. On the contrary, they do not need to sign as they are being release from liability and are not having to agree to anything.

Hope this helps. I showed it to my attorney and now he uses it.

GUESTS LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT _______________________________ (Hereinafter referred to as Guest) GUEST has been given permission to come upon the property of ___________________________ located in _______________________________________, COLORADO (hereinafter referred to as the Owners Premises) operated by _____________________________________ (hereinafter referred to as "OWNER"). Guests acknowledge and understand that no warranty, either express or implied, is made by the Owner as to the condition of the Owners Premises. This document is to warn Guest that dangerous conditions, risks and hazards do exist on the owners’ premises. Guest acknowledges that hunting and other activities on rural property such as the Owners Premises does have unknown hazards and risks and can result in injury or property damage to the person/persons involved in these activities. The many possibilities and sources of injury or damage are acknowledged by GUESTS, and he/she comes on the Owners Premises with full knowledge that hazards and risks exist. As a part of the consideration for being allowed by Owner to enjoy hunting activities on the Owners Premises, GUEST HEREBY INDEMNIFIES (RELEASES) OWNER from all liability for personal injury (including wrongful death) or property damage suffered by GUEST which is caused, in whole are in part, by any activity or condition on the Owners Premises. GUEST understands this agreement and has agreed that neither he/she, nor his heirs or personal representatives will be able to sue OWNER or his associates for any injury or property damage that GUEST suffers while on the Owners Premises. GUEST INDEMNIFIES AND RELEASES OWNER FROM ALL LIABILITY. As used in this release agreement, the term Guest/Guests will include any minors in the Guests care while on the Owners Premises. All Guests who bring minors understand that the Owner is not responsible for the care or safety of minors. The Guests who bring minors onto the Owners Premises assumes the responsibility for watching and caring for the minors safety and guarding against hazards at all times. GUEST HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTANDS IT. HE/SHE IS SIGNING IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY. DATED___________________________________________________________ GUEST(s)________________________________________________________ WITNESS _________________________________________________________ END OF AGREEMENT

I think you could copy and paste this, if not, I will gladly email it to you in an attachment. (It is in a bit nicer layout)

There's a pretty nice one in our hunting guide scroll down to page 50, here's a sample of what it says above your signature on the owner's copy:

In return for the privilege to use private land, I agree to abide by landowner
rules, obey all laws, and conduct myself in a safe and ethical manner and hold the
landowner harmless from accidental injury.
User ’s Signature ________________________________________________________________

http://www.in.gov/dnr/files/fw-huntguide_lowres.pdf

peace.
unloaded

cornstalker

-unfortunately...indemnification requires insurance
-there is no clause on guests financial liability for property damage...also requiring insurance
-there is no clause relating to harm of persons or property relating to usage of a firearm
-minor guest would have to be accompanied by parent or guardian or have a similar agreement between the parties
-the word guest is not an accurate legal description of the hunter/photographer/other
nor of his/her activities
-contracts of this sort require a payment to the company/corp/sole proprietary land owner if you are making use of the land for profit (ie selling hides procured from said property)
-if considered a service to the owner then you should expect payment (ie removing predatory animals)
-no force majeure clause is included nor is reasonable damage description
-no limitation as to times or dates

and what in the world do you think their attorney is going to cost to review this document or one that is more appropriate
if you are indeed a guest (as i believe you should be)
then the owner accepts all liability for the invitation for a specified time of the individual/individuals

if you are a professional and requiring (or the owner is requiring) contracts and agreements then you should have a legit contract and or agreement and indemnify with insurance in reasonable amounts

uh ???

are you an attorney
i would suggest that you are possibly liable as well for publishing/sharing such a document and assuming and or causing assumption that this document is legal coverage of hunting activities and leading others to believe it is a due contract

contracts also will vary from state to state

so...hunt as an invited guest...and cut the b*%# s@?/

guero

It also states this on our form, I'd check your state laws and see what applies.

"TO BE RETAINED BY THE LANDOWNER
According to Indiana Code 14-22-10-2, an owner, tenant, lessee, or occupant of a
tract of land does not assume responsibility or incur liability for injuries to hunters,
anglers, and trappers while in the act of, or preparing to hunt, fish, or trap on the
land, provided that the injury was not caused by a malicious or illegal act of the
owner or occupant. For more information, contact the Division of Law Enforcement
at (317) 232-4010."

peace.
unloaded

Back