Important safety of country and our gun rights

peterjc

Looking at all the catagories to put this post the Predator Hunting one and the Firearms & Reloading one by far attracts the most readers, threads and posts so here it is.
We as a hunting and gun community MUST not allow Obama to get elected. Our gun rights are at stake here. Not to mention the safety of our country. He is totally against gun ownership by anyone. We MUST vote.
A lot of us say this but when it comes right down to vote we take the attitude, well, there is enough guys voting, my vote won’t mean that much. Let the OTHER guy do it for me. Well, to the Other guy….., YOU are the Other guy. SO nobody votes on our side.
I know McCain is not the greatest candidate in the world but we can trust the safety of our country and our gun rights in his hands. If Obama gets in with this Democratic congress and senate they will be able to pass any gun restrictions they want, without any checks and balances.
I beg of you, get everyone you know out to vote this Nov. 4th or we are in for real hard times. I hope the moderators allow this. We need this reminder.

I can't beleve out of 22 guys that viewed this post, not one of you have an opinion about it. I posted it in another hunting forum and in the Predator Hunting catagory and at least there are some that are talking about it. Don't be timid guys. If we don't get riled up about this on a hunting and gun forum then we are going to loose our gun rights. This is no time to be quiet. Lets get things rolling. Talk about it and talk to your friends and relatives. Time is running short. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I have an opinion. I, like you, believe Obama to be a train wreck. Particularly for our gun rights. I am confident that every one clicking on this thread has an equal concern. But you are preaching to the choir.

For myself, I will be diligent after the election. If Obama is elected I write to my democrat congressman on a regular basis regarding 2nd Amendment rights. Unfortunately, my congressman is nearly to the left of Obama. The bright side is that in Oregon, despite the People's Republics of Eugene, Salem and Portland, we have a strong version of the 2nd Amendment. It is found in Article 27 of the Oregon Constitution. I will monitor all proposed legislation and appear and testify against any contrary to the 2nd Amendment. I will be busy. No doubt Senator Ginny Burdick will come out with a bullet encoding bill.

My wife and I early voted for McCain.

My comments aren't new, if even half of the gun owners bothered to do two things, one become an NRA member and two read and pay attention to the threat Obama presents to gun rights, he'd never get elected. Too many are apathetic.

Too many grouse that the NRA didn't do this or that but they are by far the single most effective organization in protecting your rights. They aren't perfect, they're staffed by falable human beings but if you care, you had better become a member. Don

35WD,
You are correct, I am preaching to the choir but have you ever been in church and looked at some of the choir...a lot of them just mouth the words and are not even heard. Thats what I mean. We have to take action, not just think it will get done for us. I know we are on the same page...not being smart with you, just trying to get everyone worked up about this. This is going to make criminals out of all of us if this man gets into office. I know I will not give my guns to anyone and I was in law enforcement for 30 years.

I've got opinion alright, the problem is, it probably shouldn't be voiced where the public may read it. You never know if "big brother" watches forums like this. I could mention several pro-America groups that would take care of the problem if it came right down to it. Not that I condone that way of "takin care of business". I'll leave it at that.

I do however have NO problem with having a woman president, or a colored president, or even a oriental president. Problem is the only ones who want to run for the position are not even worthy of holding a teaching position.

My wife has never voted, even once. She thought it's a wast of time. This year she WANTS to vote. She is a city girl through and through but she's coming around nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif She was quite the gun hater till she met me and even started going to my BullsEye matches with me. She's finally realizing that guns don't kill people, people kill people. I really think when it comes down to the count, Oboma is gonna loose !

I think my opinion is known, still threads like this should be at the top for ILL INFORMED hunters and firearms owners.

Last edited:
Peterjc,

Yes, we are the choir..... but you are right...A person's vote is the one thing that you own and cannot be stolen, loaned, or given unwillingly...and IMHO, that makes it sacred....and I use mine every time I get the chance...

It's also too important not to be used properly as you choose, to express your desires....

Don't worry, I'll be voting, and my wife has the same views as I do. We will both be exercising our rights on November 4th.

kevlars

If "Big Brother" is watching, so be it, they can know my feelings now, or later.

To quote one of my political heros,"From my cold, dead hands!"

I already posted this in the Predator Hunting section, but like Peterjc said, these two get the most attention. Everyone please look at www.nohussein.com. I am in no way connected with this group but found it one day while trying to find more reasons not to like Obama. This site gives you information you can give to the undecided voter to hopefully persuade them.

Josh

FrankenClub, I'm hardly politically correct but calling blacks "colored" went out 40 yrs ago as did "oriental." You won't win any friends with those terms. Don

Lets keep this going til Nov. 4th so everyone is reminded to vote...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

If they ever try kicking in the door and try to take my guns it wont be good. They may get them but they will haul me and some of them out in a body bag along with the guns. And thats not a treat in any way its a fact.

Quote:
I can't beleve out of 22 guys that viewed this post, not one of you have an opinion about it. I posted it in another hunting forum and in the Predator Hunting catagory and at least there are some that are talking about it. Don't be timid guys. If we don't get riled up about this on a hunting and gun forum then we are going to loose our gun rights. This is no time to be quiet. Lets get things rolling. Talk about it and talk to your friends and relatives. Time is running short. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Peter,

I was in the hospital having an operation on the 24th, or I would have responded to your post.
It is crucial that we all band together and vote for McCain. It doesn't matter what you think about McCain, he ALWAYS comes out better than Obama, with respect to gun ownership. Obama will have our guns in a heartbeat. That's the way sociopaths operate, and Obama is a sociopath through and through, with George Soros as his financier, another HUGE sociopath. A sociopath can not tolerate opposing views, or ANYONE owning a gun. They are not secure in their dictatorship if anyone owns a gun. Look no farther than England to see what we will become if Obama is elected.

Don

Back