AR-15 Compensator Question

grizzly204

I am currently building an AR and was considering adding a compensator. I want there to be NO recoil at all with this rifle. It will only be used for varmint huting(pd's). I am planning on purchasing a Model 1 Sales 24" Varmint in .223. I was looking at the JP compensators. Are they any good. How is the fit and finish between the barrel and compensator? Any feedback would be great. I understand that a compensated rifle can get pretty loud(no issue to me).

The JP is rediculously loud but probably the most effective. I have a DNTC that I removed because it's too loud also.. The recoil reduction in impressive to say the least though. I have it on a super lightweight 16" carbine and it has 0 recoil. It'll hurt your teeth if you shoot if off of a bench and your mouth is open though.

On my varmint guns I use a 3lb lead plug that fits into the lead buttstock. VERY effecttive at taming the recoil and seeing the shot. Almost as effective as a brake without the noise.

Quote:
You should look at the compensator Mike Milli (Dtech - sponsor) installs on AR barrels. His fit and finish is beautiful.

Can he add this to any barrel I choose even if I don't purchase the upper from him?

i have a vias break on a dtech 6x45 that is to loud for me i dont care about watching the hit as much as i do being able to hear next year i will be installing a cap o it as to protect the threads Ron

+ 100 for Dtech's compensators!

I have them on all my uppers and they are VERY effective at reducing muzzle jump. I can spot my own hits even with a smoking 25Wizzer load, no problem...

Mike actually designed a custom compensator specifically for my last build and it is just as effective as those on my bull barrels. (And that little 16" upper shoots 1/2" groups too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif)

I'm sure he can accomodate your needs...

Quote:
Check out the videos on YouTube of David Neth shooting his compensator, the DNTC.

I have the flash hiding version of this comp... if you want to watch the bullet hit your target from an AR platform then this is the comp. It is just as loud as anyother comp that I have been around, but it will make the gun feel like you are shooting a 22 Hornet. No muzzle jump and no flash! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

DSCF4980.jpg

DSCF4981.jpg

DSCF4982.jpg

...and it looks bad to the bone!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank You for the pictures JAMaidens.

You are right about the comp. it really does cut the muzzle jump and felt recoil. And I think they are bad azz looking also. David made the videos right here at our gun club range. I like video where he is shooting one handed, on full auto, very little muzzle jump.

I have known David since he was a little boy, and I do what I can to support him and his dad. David's dad owns a gun shop here in town.

Thanks Again.
Gary

Back